Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Help Picking New Headlight Lens 1993

half-fast
02-25-2012, 07:34 AM
I've been shopping for new headlight lenses for a while now. I found prices from $60 to $200. I have purchased lenses for my other cars and had to send them back because the quality was so poor. I would like to avoid going through that whole exercise this time around. Can any of you give me some pointers on how to select a good quality lens? Price is NOT the indicator... you DON'T get what you pay for. I'm looking for the "voice of experience" here... who makes a good lens for a fair price? Who makes junk? Oh... yeh... I have polished my old lenses several times. They are yellowed and shot. No more polishing for me!

All2kool
02-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I've been shopping for new headlight lenses for a while now. I found prices from $60 to $200. I have purchased lenses for my other cars and had to send them back because the quality was so poor. I would like to avoid going through that whole exercise this time around. Can any of you give me some pointers on how to select a good quality lens? Price is NOT the indicator... you DON'T get what you pay for. I'm looking for the "voice of experience" here... who makes a good lens for a fair price? Who makes junk? Oh... yeh... I have polished my old lenses several times. They are yellowed and shot. No more polishing for me!

Why am thinking that the Headlights on a 1990-1994 are supposed to be glass? Unless I am totally losing my mind, both the 1990 LTC's I have owned had glass Headlights which would lead me to think you do to, unless someone replaced them with cheap plastic. And if they were replaced with cheap plastic - time to go to Pick-N-Pull for glass replacements.

See THIS LINK (http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=817771#post817771) for responses.

half-fast
02-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Mine are plastic... yellowed plastic. I don't know the history of the car... I bought it used about 1 year ago. But they are definitely plastic. My local boneyards do not typically have Towncars in them for some reason. If/when they do, they keep them fenced off and unavailable to the public.

Bigdan10181
05-03-2012, 04:11 PM
If it has plastic then that is all it ever had, as to a possibility of getting the older glass ones to work, may be worth looking into, maybe more trouble than it is worth. As far as aftermarket, I recently purchased a pair from ebay for my 2000. They are Vision brand and seemed to be very good quality and price. I bought mine with all bulbs and wiring harness included. I was so impressed, I plan to buy another set for my town and country minivan soon.

danielsatur
09-23-2012, 10:03 AM
See EBAY for best price on new aftermarket Headlight lens.

Add your comment to this topic!