Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can I swap VCM

FishFind
02-15-2012, 09:04 AM
I have a 1999 s10 and a 1998 blazer. I need to check a VCM. The numbers do not match up on them. What will happen if I take the VCM from the S10 and put it in my blazer that has less miles.

MT-2500
02-15-2012, 09:20 AM
I have a 1999 s10 and a 1998 blazer. I need to check a VCM. The numbers do not match up on them. What will happen if I take the VCM from the S10 and put it in my blazer that has less miles.

You will proabley kill both of them.

Why are you wanting to swap?
Would it be to change milage?

FishFind
02-15-2012, 09:44 AM
No I have been trying to figure out a P0740 you can read in other post's that I had. I did all the testing and I am at the point where it says get a new VCM.

I can get a new one for $90 but then I need a relearn on it.
I just did not want it to be good and waste the time and money.

Chevy can test my current VCM for $100 but I dont know what I should do.

I can make my tcc engage with a ground wire and toggle switch. I know that the POS wire is good but it is just not grounding. Either wire or VCM is not telling it to ground.

Should I check something on my brake pedal switch or is that related to the power side of the TCC.

MT-2500
02-15-2012, 03:40 PM
No I have been trying to figure out a P0740 you can read in other post's that I had. I did all the testing and I am at the point where it says get a new VCM.

I can get a new one for $90 but then I need a relearn on it.
I just did not want it to be good and waste the time and money.

Chevy can test my current VCM for $100 but I dont know what I should do.

I can make my tcc engage with a ground wire and toggle switch. I know that the POS wire is good but it is just not grounding. Either wire or VCM is not telling it to ground.

Should I check something on my brake pedal switch or is that related to the power side of the TCC.

Go threw the repair flow chart for that code.
If you get down to needing a VCM then buy one and get it programed for your vechical.

FishFind
02-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah that is where I got to. I had a GM tech email me the repair chart and I am at the part where it says get a new VCM.

Add your comment to this topic!