Top Studio Wiring/Glue Help

gmspromo
02-11-2012, 06:27 AM
This is probably a really stupid, simple question for some people on here but I'm hoping those people can help me?!!!

The problem I have or the question I want to ask relates to wiring - specifically with the Top Studio motogp detail up sets ... how do you guys attach the wiring to the resin connectors and suchlike? Do you use superglue? some kind of other glue? or do you drill a small hole, insert/glue a short piece of solder wire and then heat/shrink tubing on to that, or what? I need advise as where to start ...

A specific problem I currently have is trying to attach a piece of clear tubing to a top studio resin water bottle on a motogp bike. I've tried super glue and it just seems to melt the tube without sticking. Should I be using some different type of glue or some other method?

Any help would be much appreciated as it's a current sticking point (no pun intended!) for me!!

gpz900ra7
02-11-2012, 07:32 AM
I have never heard of super glue melting tubing before, and its all I use on small parts, on bigger parts I use a 5 minute epoxy.

gpz900ra7.

SchuberT
02-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Try using some sort of clear coat.

racer93
02-22-2012, 08:58 AM
White glue, maybe? Or 2 part epoxy? Personally, I use CA with accelerator and it works very, very well. Never had a problem with it.

I've never heard of shrink tubing melting from glue.

YongGun Park
03-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Um.... It's quite old question. But....

I use CA and I think it's enough. You are right. CA melt the paint. So you have to use very small amount of CA with a very thin wire or something.

For correct positioning and clean adhesion, made a hole and insert a guide pin and use the CA on the pin and the end of the resin parts.

https://sn2files.storage.live.com/y1paTwJRd_V8lwJ6udRjJ08QUW5ehlkW4I7jGi2ZtcaRave2k3 aLAHVAQhxXBo4e2IETDlM6D9Tjjo/1308638127_DSCN3916.jpg?psid=1

crazy-jazz894
04-01-2012, 07:13 AM
I use a toothpick to apply the CA & some CA accelerator to help curing it.

Add your comment to this topic!