94 S-10 Front End Shaking/Brakes locked up?

Phenom2955
02-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Alright, over the last week of driving my 94 S-10 Extended Cab I have noticed that randomly at about 40MPH+ the front end will start to vigorously bounce up and down like going fast over gravel or something. No problem had resulted from this until yesterday when I picked my brother up from work. On the way home it kept on doing what I described above, and when I got to the turn into our road I slowed down to make the turn onto our street like normal. As I let off the brake and went to start to accelerate into the turn, the front end suddenly locked up and the truck slid about 3 feet forward before I was able to regain control again.

I am not entirely sure what to look at here to fix this problem, but I know I can't drive it if its going to be doing this. It is my only transportation so I need to get this figured out quick.

I know I need to replace the brake pads as they have been squeaking, Could this be the issue here?

Thank you.

gmtech1
02-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Need to get the truck in the air and shake down the ft end. Check ball joints, hub bearings, steering linkage. Wow, sounds like an exciting ride!

Phenom2955
02-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Need to get the truck in the air and shake down the ft end. Check ball joints, hub bearings, steering linkage. Wow, sounds like an exciting ride!

Thanks for the reply, I am just glad the guy behind me was paying attention. This was something I didn't expect.

j cAT
02-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the reply, I am just glad the guy behind me was paying attention. This was something I didn't expect.

hard to say what it would be . off the ground checking components is required.

I am interested since I have a 1994 S10 4X4 pu.

DeltaP
02-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Was it a wheel lockup or steering lockup?

Phenom2955
02-11-2012, 05:07 PM
The front wheels locked up for a second and sent me sliding a couple feet forward before they freed up again and allowed me to take control again. Lucky I didn't get rear ended as there was a truck right behind me as I tried to make the turn.

Mine is a 2Wheel drive(rear wheel drive) if that makes any difference.

DeltaP
02-11-2012, 07:20 PM
You were lucky. Might not be next time. As mentioned before get it up in the air and check it out real good ASAP. Sounds like a combination of loose hub bearings, bad rotor and a dash of caliper piston sticking. Please let us know.

Add your comment to this topic!