Page updated on 11-18-2017

Tamiya paint scarce???

guiwee
02-09-2012, 11:36 PM
I realize all the trouble Japan has had recently with the earthquake
and tsunamii. But is anyone else having trouble getting them
from stateside dealears??
My lhs hasnt received an order in six months!!
I had heard their was a problem with the labels but i thought that has been worked out.
Also i dont think you can order them internationally can you??
I thought ups doesnt do paints and aerosols..do they???

racer93
02-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I realize all the trouble Japan has had recently with the earthquake
and tsunamii. But is anyone else having trouble getting them
from stateside dealears??
My lhs hasnt received an order in six months!!
I had heard their was a problem with the labels but i thought that has been worked out.
Also i dont think you can order them internationally can you??
I thought ups doesnt do paints and aerosols..do they???

Where have you been? ;) My LHS hasn't gotten an order since early summer '11. From what I've heard from multiple sources, bottle paints are back in and rattle cans are *starting* to come back in to suppliers. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal in the next month or so. We shall see...

mn80228
02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
My LHS told me that the whole reason was with the labeling.
Something to do with the bottle paints needing to be labeled as flammable, since they are alcohol based. They needed the little red warning on the label.
Same with the cans, so that is why they haven't been able to import any until the labels were all compliant.

That's what I heard anyways....

racer93
02-10-2012, 09:34 AM
My LHS told me that the whole reason was with the labeling.
Something to do with the bottle paints needing to be labeled as flammable, since they are alcohol based. They needed the little red warning on the label.
Same with the cans, so that is why they haven't been able to import any until the labels were all compliant.

That's what I heard anyways....
+1, exactly.

jmtomservo
03-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Maybe the drought is (partly) over! This was the paint rack at my LHS in Portland, OR. Plenty of primer. Unfortunately most of the TS colors were still gone.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/jmtomservo/Automotive%20Forums/paint.jpg

racer93
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
My LHS have had these for a couple of months now. Still waiting on *most* of the TS colors. A few obscure ones have been restocked...

Are you listening, Tamiya?

Maybe the drought is (partly) over! This was the paint rack at my LHS in Portland, OR. Plenty of primer. Unfortunately most of the TS colors were still gone.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/jmtomservo/Automotive%20Forums/paint.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!