Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ABS Sensor

kok328
02-09-2012, 07:58 PM
My ABS light on my 2002, 2.2L, 4Cyl, 2 wheel drive, S-10 has been on for about 6 months now.

Two months ago I stopped in to have the computer scanned to get information on the ABS light and they told me that I do not have any codes stored and that they can not detect a problem with ABS systems using their handheld scanner.

Tonight, my "check engine" light came on.
I stopped into Autozone to have the code scanned and they are telling me that my O2 sensor, bank 2 is bad and that my front passenger ABS sensor is bad and that one of my rear ABS sensors is bad.

I don't understand why they can now tell me that my front passenger ABS sensor is bad when they couldn't tell me that before.

My question is, do I actually have rear ABS sensors on this vehicle?

gmtech1
02-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I cannot tell whats up with autozone and their code reading. I can tell you that the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) is the input for the rear wheel speed. There is not a left and right side rear wheel speed sensor on your truck.

j cAT
02-10-2012, 08:56 AM
it is best if you go to auto zone and get the dtc failure codes and post them here . then the forum members can give you direction on how to correct this.

with the O2 sensor issue check the wires/connectors. if the wires have been spliced or repaired this can be a problem . check fuses.

Add your comment to this topic!