Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tire Question

ll Brandon ll
02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Acutally, two questions. The Aoshima wheels, do they typically come with tires? Im aware that this is probably a noob question, but Ive never used a set before and I cant find any solid info.

My other question is regarding Hobby Design tires. Does anyone know what size these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobby-Design-HD03-0074-1-24-YOKOHAMA-ADVAN-A048-Tire-/270895183686?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3f129c7746) are or how to tell? Im purchasing a few sets of their wheels and I need tires, but the listing does not specify size.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

nugundam93
02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
afaik aoshima wheel sets always have tires with them. i have no idea though on the tire size of those. :(

ll Brandon ll
02-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. Im hoping someone here has experience with the Hobby Design stuff.

cjsbosox
02-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. Im hoping someone here has experience with the Hobby Design stuff.

As good as the HD wheels look on the pics they provide, don't be fooled. They typically require a lot of work. I most likely will never use them again. Their tires are...average

da_ashman
02-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Aoshima Wheels come with tires, the 20" ones are good coz they have very low profile tyres.
Hobby design do sell tires seperatly, but from what Ive found you need to look at the product photo to tell what the size is, most of them are 19-20 tires. But be warned they require alot of cleanup & there are no fitting details, so youd need to make something up to fit the wheels, bit of a pain, but they do offer some awesome wheels! You could also try Scaleproduction.de they have great wheels too & dont require modifications.
But if your new to this then I suggest you go with the Aoshima Wheels!

ll Brandon ll
02-13-2012, 07:42 PM
I have a couple of sets coming from HD... hope they arent horrible. If its just clean up, Im ok with that.

MidMazar
02-13-2012, 10:43 PM
If i was you i would stick with aoshima and fuji9mi wheels. They come with tires and no clean up required. Hobby design need a lot of clean up on their rims, don't know how much flash is on their tires though. I would use HD wheels only as a last resort, good luck.

BTW The only super clean casted wheels i've seen/used came from scaleproduction and geronimo works.

catened007
02-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Post molto bene. Il sito catenedavene.eu è specializzato nella vendita online di catene da neve per auto, suv, furgoni, camper e 4x4. Oltre alle classiche catene sono disponibili anche altri sistemi antineve cone i track per le auto non catenabili, le calze da neve e le fasce da neve put & go. Tutti questi articoli vengono proposti sul sito a prezzi veramente bassi e concorrenziali. Puoi verificare tu stesso la convenienza dei prezzi.

ataschner
02-14-2012, 07:59 AM
You can try Pegasus Wheels sets. There is a few models available but not such as Aoshima or Fujimi. But they also sells only tires set (19" & 23" on label, but are really 18" & 20" sort of and can be used in almost ALL wheels available in the market). I recomend these tires.

Add your comment to this topic!