Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Upcoming Vehicle Tech

H_Mistry
02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi,

For a research project at Uni, I’m looking into the effects of upcoming vehicle technology which seeks to automate aspects of driving and its effect on driver attention and the driving experience. This includes tech such as:

Automatic Cruise Control – Speed of vehicle will decrease when the car in front slows and will not go above a set speed
Automatic Steering - Onboard system corrects the direction in order to stay within road lines
Collision Avoidance Systems - Onboard system will alter the course of the car in order to prevent a collision
Collision Warning Systems - The driver will be alerted of a potential collision
Intelligent Speed Adaptation – Onboard computer monitors driver speed and the current speed limit and will either limit the drivers speed or warn the driver of this

As part of this, I’m looking at peoples expectations in terms of what they expect to be seeing in their vehicles in the near future (up to about 10 years). But also, what people would like to see in their vehicles.

I am hoping people here wouldn’t mind giving their views on the above, and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to answer. I’ll also post with my findings in a few months time when I’ve finished my study if people are interested to see it.

Thanks!
Harvey

Add your comment to this topic!