Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 expedition parking lights

emeraldgram
02-07-2012, 08:20 PM
my son was working clearance lights and all of a sudden there were no lights...changed fuses and bulbs. all lights working except parking lights. any ideas what happened?
thanks for your time.

65comet
02-08-2012, 07:37 AM
I have had the multi-function switch that handles going from low to high beam burn out the contacts and leave me with no headlights. It could also be the main switch for the lights in the dash.

tempfixit
02-08-2012, 11:50 AM
my son was working clearance lights and all of a sudden there were no lights...changed fuses and bulbs. all lights working except parking lights. any ideas what happened?
thanks for your time.

Do you mean that your son wass playing with the headlight switch or something wlse? Does it have Daytime running lights??

65comet has great suggestions

If you have a library card go to your local library website and see if they have EBSCOHOST, if so look for the Auto Repair Reference Center link and go to diagrams for wiring info. Autozone.com may have the wiring diagrams also.

emeraldgram
02-09-2012, 06:23 AM
Do you mean that your son wass playing with the headlight switch or something wlse? Does it have Daytime running lights??

65comet has great suggestions

If you have a library card go to your local library website and see if they have EBSCOHOST, if so look for the Auto Repair Reference Center link and go to diagrams for wiring info. Autozone.com may have the wiring diagrams also.

someone has put after market clearance lights on top. they did not work when I bought it... my son was working on them and all lights were working.. when he went to bolt the lights on top back down,all parking lights went out... he has replaced bulbs and fuses and still no parking lights, running lights in back. I have head lights, turn signals, fog lights and flashers.

tempfixit
02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
someone has put after market clearance lights on top. they did not work when I bought it... my son was working on them and all lights were working.. when he went to bolt the lights on top back down,all parking lights went out... he has replaced bulbs and fuses and still no parking lights, running lights in back. I have head lights, turn signals, fog lights and flashers.

Here is a wiring diaggram for parking lights

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/1e/57/0d//small/0900c152801e570d.jpg

I would remove the cleance lights again and look for a bare wire.

GO too autozone.com and reggister for the repair mauals that is where I got the wiring diargrams.

Add your comment to this topic!