Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blown motor after serviced help?

confusedlancer
02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Okay I have a 2009 Lancer it has 122,000 miles. Its been running fine never had a single problem. While driving the other day the oil warning light came on, not the one that says oil change but the pressure warning, we were 1 block from Mitsubishi at the time so we pulled in. They kept it over night. They did a flush of the oil system, new filter and oil. They also flushed and replaced the transmission fluid. They cleaned the throttle body, and replaced the cabin filter and another filter.

We picked it up 300.00 later and drove away, about 1 block away the light came on again, so we turned around. They said no worries about that as it may be the valves sticking and once the new oil runs through it would be okay. Told us to change the oil again at 1,000 miles. So we drove home, well in the morning and a total of 23 miles since repair the oil light comes on, the battery light comes on , we hear a loud grinding noise and the car dies. Smokes coming out of the hood and it smells electrical.

While waiting on a tow a mechanic at the gas station stops with a code reader and says there are 5 codes. He said they all read crank shaft sensor and thats where the smoke and smell was coming from too. So we tow it to the dealer ship again who tells us to wait while they look at it.

35 mins of being there and they said bad news your motor is locked, the cars no good. A used motor will be 3700.00 out the door. I dont understand I took my car in there to be serviced and looked over and when leaving even the paper work says the motor was running great. He said the oil they took out was dirty and the damage may have already happened.

Does any of this make sense to anyone, do you think that they could have done something to the car. I already opened a claim with Mitsubishi but they wont call back till Monday and I am sure they are not going to admit fault.

I did ask the guy what happen to the motor was it a rod, or what and he said its not worth the time to drop the oil pan to look as they motor is gone.

Any suggestions?

Add your comment to this topic!