Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Ford Bronco missing after 40 or more minutes of driving

lriffe
02-02-2012, 05:36 PM
About 2 years ago I changed distributor, cap, rotor, plugs, plug wires and had the timing set. About a month ago, it started missing really bad after about 40 minutes or more of driving. Checked the plugs and wires, and thought maybe I had gotten water or something in the tank. I have done a couple of complete fuel system cleaning additives but still no luck. Any ideas on what can be causing this?

GTP Dad
02-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Welcome to AF!!

There are many things that can cause misfires. First, I suggest that you change the fuel filter if it has not been changed in a while. This can cause an issue with lack of fuel. Next pull and replace the rotor and distributor cap. Cracks can develop in either and cause misfires. If this does not work the next thing would be plugs and wires especially if you have lots of miles on this engine since the last tune up.

I would also look at things like the PCV valve which may be bad if it hasn't been change in some time.

These are just a few items to check out. Hope this helps.

chamblizi
03-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Welcome to AF!!

There are many things that can cause misfires. First, I suggest that you change the fuel filter if it has not been changed in a while. This can cause an issue with lack of fuel. Next pull and replace the rotor and distributor cap. Cracks can develop in either and cause misfires. If this does not work the next thing would be plugs and wires especially if you have lots of miles on this engine since the last tune up.

I would also look at things like the PCV valve which may be bad if it hasn't been change in some time.

These are just a few items to check out. Hope this helps.
don't forget to tell him to change the air filter too.... If it's too restrictive and clogged with oil then it can't breathe:)

Add your comment to this topic!