Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 bonne Ics high.

Billy J
02-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Hello Peeps. this bonne just started idleing high in park and while driving . I cleaned the throdle body and the ics but did not help. I pulled the ics out and had some one turn the key on and off and the ics plunger does not move. I can feel the ics motor moving but the plunger does not move. while i had the ics out i pushed a rag in the ics hole to control the idle and the idle came down but the ics plunger still doe not move . would that mean the ics is bad?

GTP Dad
02-02-2012, 08:16 AM
If the plunger does not move when the Idle air control motor is cycling then the IAC is bad and needs replaced. I also suggest that you check for vacuum leaks elsewhere.

Billy J
02-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Thank you very much for your help GPT Dad . I'll also check for a vac leak ..guess it's time to spend some money. I looked up the ICS at autozone and they call it a Idle control motor , not sure witch one starts at $80. to $220. Guess I need to pull it and bring it with me . Cant find a part # on it.

Billy J
03-29-2012, 08:04 AM
new ICS . ran fine for a few days and back to the same thing. I also notice it cuts out about 3400 rpms and drops down to about 2000 and then goes back up.. only codes are ICS high and oxcygen sen high... HELP !!! Thanks.

Tech II
03-30-2012, 11:03 AM
an you give us the code numbers? Pxxxx, Pxxx, etc.

Like GTP said, could have a vac leak......

Billy J
03-31-2012, 07:42 AM
I have sprayed carb cleaner and cant find a leak , not saying I dont have one. The codes are 131 and 507 ..

Billy J
03-31-2012, 07:46 AM
also sometimes when driving and u let of the gas it will drive 15 - 20 mph all by itself and then idle back down.. strange!

Billy J
03-31-2012, 07:48 AM
I have sprayed carb cleaner and cant find a leak , not saying I dont have one. The codes are 131 and 507 ..

Tech II
04-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Those codes mean, the idle is too high, and you have a "lean" condition......sure sounds like a vac leak.......Possible MAF problem?

Billy J
04-02-2012, 04:54 AM
okay I guess I need check again for a leak. Is there anything else I can use besides carb cleaner ? Propane ?

Billy J
04-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Is there any way I can test the mass air flow sen ? This one is in the TB not in the air duct, so the tap test the same ? or can I only clean or only replace ? Thanks again for the help

Billy J
09-08-2012, 06:50 AM
FIXED !! I cleaned all the grounds under the hood and cleaned the main power feeding the fuse and relay bar just under the windshield and by pulling the kick panels both left and right, pulled apart the buss connector ,cleaned and soldered all spades .these are the main grounds . also on the pass side is the relays for fuel pump. water from windshield can drip down into this relay and fuse and corrode . also there is a ground buss in the trunk, do the same as above .Same goes for trucks and Suv. Water is the main prob ,windshield seals are no good as it gets hard over time and pulls away causing the leaks. even though these connectors may look okay but they can become lose over time by just shutting the door. It's worth the time to remove the plastic cover to expose the spades and jumper bar and clean and SOLDER. you might be surprised how many things you'll fix just buy doing this.It's a great car now..Remember , Just because it came from factory doesn't mean it's right . PEACE !

Add your comment to this topic!