Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2005 G6 no start when warm

gph303
01-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Battery good engine turns over good just doesn't start up. Wait a few minutes and it cranks. Sometimes you can press on the gas pedal and it starts. Been doing this since almost new but was mostly with remote start which doesn't work anymore. 98,000 miles Thanks for any ideas

GMCustomerService
02-01-2012, 07:24 AM
While I am unable to provide technical assistance, if you were to decide upon visiting a dealership please let me know as I would like to be available to you.
Sarah
GM Customer Service

gph303
04-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Thanks for your response sorry to be so long. This car has been to the dealer for this problem several time with the same response. "We can't duplicate problem" Finally just gave up on the dealer. Don't think it has had the problem since I posted though. My daughters car and I never drive it and the only time I know about it is when it fails to start at all. Then by the time I get to where she is at it cranks right up. So thanks again~!

Tech II
04-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Unfortunately, that is one of the hardest things to diagnose.....a no start condition, when it won't happen in the GM dealership.....fact it hasn't happened in 3 months, makes it tough to diagnose....

Since you are out of warranty, the GM dealership usually doesn't want to make a guess where you have to pay for it and it doesn't fix the problem....

PAMUSTANGMAN
04-13-2013, 02:06 PM
I was just working on my girl's G6 this morning. I did front brakes and then I went for the test drive it sounded like the starter had engaged but didn't come out far enough to grab the flywheel. This happened 3 times in a row then she said oh hit the gas and it fired off. Her car has 96K on it and I pulled a spark plug expecting to find something bad, but while they all had evidence of being old none had anything missing or broken. I am hoping this fixes the problem for her on the starting. She has had the catalytic converters on the car replaced twice now? Are these things hard on cats?

Add your comment to this topic!