Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel To Injectors, Still Not Running

colonelcobb
01-30-2012, 10:38 AM
2000 Windstar, 230K miles, Runs GREAT! (when it runs)
First,
Thank you 12Ounce! I tried your suggestion, and fuel pumps like crazy! However, it still won't run.
Current Status:
Replaced fuel pump yesterday (complete unit from wrecked Windstar) pump is working.
Replaced fuel filter 1 year ago
Replaced fuel relay and fuse yesterday
Engine runs by squirting raw gasoline into intake manifold

I used 12Ounce's suggestion and bypassed the pump relay to purge air from the line. Pump is working.
But the engine still will not start.
Do the fuel injectors have their own relay? What am I missing or overlooking?
Please Help! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! (do I sound desperate enough?)

12Ounce
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Try changing out relay #304 ... PCM power relay

olopezm
01-30-2012, 05:15 PM
You can try using a long screwdriver on your ear and attached to the fuel injectors while trying to start the engine. You should hear a clicking noise coming from each. I know reaching the rear injectors is impossible but at least listening to the front ones will surely reveal if they are being fired or not.

IF they are not you might want to make sure the wiring is OK. All 6 injectors share a common voltage. If it's damaged it will surely prevent them from firing.

Oscar.

P_A_B
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
I agree with olopezm. Injectors might be mechanically broken. Do you know if the feed side and ground side for the injectors are good? Also, if you unplug the injectors you could check the resistance if you have a DMM. That would tell you if you have too much resistance going to the injector itself.

Add your comment to this topic!