Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 intrepid

rcl9
01-29-2012, 07:31 AM
06 stratus 2.7 to 04 intripid 2.7 what needs to be changed

jamesslcx
01-29-2012, 01:26 PM
rcl9, I asked a few people and they said theirs average from 180 to around 200 for a warmed up engine. As for the fans coming on naturally when the ac or defroster is activated and when the temp is around 210 or above, this also varies according to them. I guess every car is different. Are you having problems? Good luck and nice car.

rcl9
02-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Ok forget the fans much worse now had to take the car to the dealer ever since the engen was put in its a mightmare.it came out of an 06 stratus 64k they changed over all that was necessary but when the car reaches op temt it turned slow checked batt and starter nada finely when it reached op temp it would not stars at all starter draged, if it set for 10 or 15 minets it would satart also coded for rich both banke and evap dealer did not know what was wrong said it may have timeing problem turned out not so. sensers replaced finley took it back to installer 5 days later nada any thoughts thanks guys

jamesslcx
02-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Rcl9, have you checked battery cables for a voltage drop with a multimeter? Check all electrical connections leading to the starter. Did you check for vacuum leaks? Maybe someone else with a little more knowledge will chime in. Good luck and let us know if we can help.

rcl9
02-10-2012, 06:52 PM
yes checked by the dealer when they had it,its back at the shop that done the install they took the front off and checked timeing chane all good. thanks for the input

jamesslcx
02-11-2012, 03:38 PM
rcl9, just how hot does your engine get? Has your shop checked the computer (pcm)? Very interesting problems. What happened to your original engine? Did it exhibit the same problems?

rcl9
02-12-2012, 06:38 AM
all was checked by the dealer and myself former engine overheated no worning cooked thr engine the top of the goosneck came off no steam no worning temp sensor to low in the block from what i am told and they still dont know what is wrong thanks for the responce

jamesslcx
02-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Rcl9, I wish I were there to help. Since the other engine overheated I would suspect a clogged radiator or maybe even an large air pocket in the system but I have no way of knowing for sure, wish I could help you more. Best of luck.

rcl9
02-13-2012, 05:34 PM
when i took the car to the dealer i had my scanner hooked up watching the temp and it never went over 210 so i dont know what it could be but there working on it thanks for the input.

rcl9
05-30-2012, 08:56 AM
what has to be changed to put an 06 stratis 2.7 in my o4 interpid thanks

jerrythomas
12-24-2012, 05:30 AM
all was examined by the supplier and myself former motor warm no worning prepared thr motor the top of the goosneck came off no vapor no worning temperature indicator to low in the prevent from what i am informed and they still don't know what is incorrect thanks for the responce

Add your comment to this topic!