Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question anout rebuilding 2007 Accord rear calipers

Pawl
01-27-2012, 11:47 AM
2007 Accord SE 4cyl sedan. I just finished the fronts and going to do the rears. Anything I need to be careful of or aware of with ABS brakes when taking the caliper off the car? I found the fronts to be completely dry of any caliper grease,the dust boot covers were torn so I rebuilt everything with new rotors and pads. I have noticed that the rears have no grease so I am going to redo everything. I am a preventative type person so I want things working properly and safely.

BullShifter
01-29-2012, 09:47 PM
The rear caliper piston's need to be twisted in, rather than squeezed. There are a few speciality tools that work great but it can be done with a pry bar in most cases.

Pawl
01-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks - I have dealt with those calipers that need to be screwed in. I was not sure if there was anything else I needed to be careful with. I know the emergency brake is tied into the rears. Plus the abs system. I will check my 2005 Haynes manual. I have a 2005 Haynes manual for my 2005 accord and they are very much alike in some aspects but I am sure the technology has changed.

Add your comment to this topic!