Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlight Bulb Question

TheGeneralLee86
01-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Accidently touched the headlight bulbs against the housing and black plastic piece that goes behind the bulbs Was wearing rubber gloves though, will it hurt or shorten the bulb at all?
Thanks

DeltaP
01-25-2012, 06:16 PM
If the glass envelope of a capsule high intensity bulb touches something and becomes scratched it'll usually shatter right away when the lamp is switched on. If it gets handled by your fingers or becomes contaminated with any oil (s) it will become short lived.

TheGeneralLee86
01-25-2012, 06:24 PM
If the glass envelope of a capsule high intensity bulb touches something and becomes scratched it'll usually shatter right away when the lamp is switched on. If it gets handled by your fingers or becomes contaminated with any oil (s) it will become short lived. I definitely did not touch it with my fingers and plus I was wearing some rubber gloves. I have turned my lights on for a couple minutes to make sure to and they are still working, so I'm guessing they should be alright cause they only touched the plastic piece the screws in behind the bulb after you put it in the housing and the side of the housing where they go in.

DeltaP
01-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Then you're ok. I was just giving ya the 411 on them.

TheGeneralLee86
01-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Then you're ok. I was just giving ya the 411 on them. That's waht I figured and just wanted to be sure Thanks a lot!

Add your comment to this topic!