97 Chevy S10

jayjay07
01-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Hello, I am having some trouble with my 97 Chevy s10 4 cylinder 2.2 liter, not a vortex though. The trouble I am having is when I accelerate it starts to bogg down. ALOT. When it is just idling it runs alright. Every once and a great while it back fires, and it is now starting to affect my gas mileage. I was told to start simple and change the fuel filter, along with put fuel injecter cleaner in with the gas, I put the injector fluid in it, and I have the fuel filter to change tomorrow. Are there any thoughts what else it could be?

tempfixit
01-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Hello, I am having some trouble with my 97 Chevy s10 4 cylinder 2.2 liter, not a vortex though. The trouble I am having is when I accelerate it starts to bogg down. ALOT. When it is just idling it runs alright. Every once and a great while it back fires, and it is now starting to affect my gas mileage. I was told to start simple and change the fuel filter, along with put fuel injecter cleaner in with the gas, I put the injector fluid in it, and I have the fuel filter to change tomorrow. Are there any thoughts what else it could be?

Welcome to forum,

I would start by checking the fuel pressure with a gauge. Autozone should have one in the loan a tool program. See what pressure is at idle and different rpms's. Also check you fuel pressure regulator to make sure it does not have a fuel smell in the vacuum line, if it does the regulator is bad.

j cAT
01-24-2012, 09:02 PM

low power and poor MPG is the exhaust restricted in most cases ...this is easy to determine. just remove the upstream O2 sensor and leave the hole open see if the power returns.

jamesslcx
01-27-2012, 11:36 AM
jayjay, check engine light on? Does it bog when the engine is warm or cold?

Add your comment to this topic!