Page updated on 11-18-2017

Alpine A110 Rally Kit - Which Is Better???

Greg Davis
01-23-2012, 12:20 AM
I'm looking at picking up one of these kits online from FleaBay and was just curious - which kit is superior..............The older (and more expensive) Union kit, or the newer Tamiya kit?

Are there any pros or cons with either kit?

Thanks for the input before I spend my hard-earned $$.

Greg

rallymaster
01-23-2012, 01:57 AM
It really depends on the version you're aiming to build, as the tamiya kit is correct to depict the normal body of 1800 engine A110 as raced in 1973.
The kit is superior to the old Union or so kits, fitting is perfect, decals are better (no yellow on such modern kit) whereas you have a chance out of two having yellowed decals in Union kit.
That said, the Union kit (or it's the Heller one not sure of my memories now...) depicts the 1800 engine A110 with the larger "pagode" fenders, so if that's the version you want to build (with aftermarket decals) you need this one, even if I'm not 100% convinced it's perfectly accurate to the version targeted.
And if you want a perfect transkit to make a beautiful original A110, I can only recommend you the Scale Production transkit with the 1800cc "bubble fenders" Yellow or Gitanes versions from 75/74 Corsica.

If you only want to just build an A110, go for the tamiya kit ! it's often sales off on HLJ by the way.

Add your comment to this topic!