Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

do i have keyless entry?

dhop11
01-22-2012, 12:59 PM
here is last 8 digits of my VIN can someone tell me if i have keyless entry??

52m9v923

jeffcoslacker
01-26-2012, 02:57 PM
here is last 8 digits of my VIN can someone tell me if i have keyless entry??

52m9v923

Something not right. Last 8 of the VIN are always numbers only, which tell the model year and sequence number of the model (which number of that model year it was on the assembly line)

Better look at it again. But at any rate, no, it would not tell you that. If anything, it would be coded in the RPO tag, a series of three digit codes usually found on a label applied to the underside of the trunk lid, along with paint codes it gives the codes for all options included in the build. Unfortunately you'd have to know what the code for keyless was for that production line, I can't help you there. I only know suspension and a couple of other things.

Otherwise, I'd look under the cover panels on the sides of the trunk cavity, usually that's where they hide the transponder module for keyless stuff, as far as I remember.

jeffcoslacker
01-27-2012, 08:50 PM
I have to correct myself...the eighth to last VIN character CAN be a letter, as they were through the 90's. Then they went with a digit to denote model year through the 2000's, and started letters again with "A" for 2010, "B" for 2011, etc.

But you shouldn't have any letters in the next seven, which are the sequence numbers as I said.

Add your comment to this topic!