Page updated on 11-20-2017

Moving threads

ale-o
01-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Some time ago i posted a project of mine in the ¨plastic¨ section( i guess) which was actualy a bburago diecast(rs cossworth), but since there was so much work done to it i thought it was not a problem.. Well, the thread was eventualy moved to the ¨dead¨ diecast section and i had no problem with that. But what bothers me somehow is that i´ve seen some diecast projects in the past and present that honestly had way less modifications done to it or had just their wheels swaped and were untoched by the moderators. I don´t want to push anyone in the dirt who might see themself in the description, as i have no problem with seeing diecasts between plastic cars(as long as there is some modification worth showing and not just a review). I don´t know who was responsible for the move to talk to in private, but i just want to make clear why my thread was moved and others not? Thnx

MidMazar
01-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I feel where your coming from. Some mods favor certain builders and thus allow the thread to exist or delete. With the amount of work you put into your build scratch building it should be here with out a doubt. Although i feel as if it shouldn't have been moved, your build was techniqucally a diecast. Thus in the wrong forum and moved.

Please mods be more fair with certain builds and not the builder. IMO

willimo
01-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't think the mods "favor" certain builders around here. Well, I am sure they do in some way but I find this place is usually very fair and gives everyone a fair shake. A lot of times an off-topic thread will be allowed to stay if it's a poster with a lot of posts, or if the poster notes in the body of their post that they realize it's off-topic but would like for it to remain. Then it is clear it's not a mistake. I think the mods here are trying to put things where they figure the poster intends them to be - we get a lot of misplaced posts (3D computer modelling, diecast, even "how do I replace a starter in an '89 Pontiac Grand Prix?") and I think they're just trying to make it right.

I know it's frustrating to get a model that you've put a lot of work into and are proud of moved away from people who will appreciate it and talk about it. Consider next time marking your post as intentionally in car modelling not diecast. Also, there should be a note "thread moved by xxx-mod," and usually a nice PM to the moderator to explain your intention will get it moved back. I'm not saying it's your fault, or the moderator's, but that it just happens.

I really value AF for it's community, and we're really not (very) snobby about models here!

ale-o
01-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Well, like i said, i am not nor i have the right to be hurt or have bad feeling about my thread being moved no matter how much work went into as it is technically realy an die cast, it´s just that i don´t get the point. From an objective standpoint i belive the thread had or has some value to others, interested in building their own body kit as they may get inspired or see a technique i´ve used that they did not know before. So not only viewers see something new, they can perhaps also learn something oposed to just seeing how a diecast looks on different wheels(again, no offense plase). Being realistic its also true that the die cast forum is basicly dead and for me there is no point in showing progress if noone is going to look for it anyway. So whats the point in moving a thread that in my honest opinion adds some value to the forum away from the majority of visitors? I respect the decision of the moderators and do not wish that the thread gets moved back where it was originaly posted just because i am ¨complaining¨ about it, i just want to hear from someone in comand to tell me his view on the situation and why some diecasts threads with content that gives the visitor little to no information value stays, and others get moved.. Or is that too much to ask for?

voyageur
02-03-2012, 03:50 AM
Well, like i said, i am not nor i have the right to be hurt or have bad feeling about my thread being moved no matter how much work went into as it is technically realy an die cast, it´s just that i don´t get the point. From an objective standpoint i belive the thread had or has some value to others, interested in building their own body kit as they may get inspired or see a technique i´ve used that they did not know before. So not only viewers see something new, they can perhaps also learn something oposed to just seeing how a diecast looks on different wheels(again, no offense plase). Being realistic its also true that the die cast forum is basicly dead and for me there is no point in showing progress if noone is going to look for it anyway. So whats the point in moving a thread that in my honest opinion adds some value to the forum away from the majority of visitors? I respect the decision of the moderators and do not wish that the thread gets moved back where it was originaly posted just because i am ¨complaining¨ about it, i just want to hear from someone in comand to tell me his view on the situation and why some diecasts threads with content that gives the visitor little to no information value stays, and others get moved.. Or is that too much to ask for?

Just go ahead and send the above text to a moderator. They'll look at the post and likely move it over here. Asking is free.

IMO, the diecast forum exists for people who just show off their latest aquisitions. This forum here is called CAR MODELING. Materials such as injection molded plastic, resin or multimedia are mentioned nowhere.

>> I think the material doesn't matter. If it is modified and shows the talent of the builder - it should be posted here. Would actually be a waste if a cool build is moved to DC, because nobody bothers to look there.

@ mods: please move this thread (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1071735) over here to the WIP section. Thank you.

Add your comment to this topic!