Page updated on 11-18-2017

Replacement parts!!!..Tamiya

guiwee
01-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Ive read on here about the great customer service these guys have..
My question is ..if the kit is out of date and production will they still
send you a replacement sprue!!
I have that big 1/6th tamiya bike w/sidecar and either lost or it didnt come
with the kit when i brought it!!

aacikgoz
01-15-2012, 04:53 PM
if they do not have the parts in stock, you can not order them.. I've asked for a replacement part of an axctual catalog item few weeks ago and they told me that parts are out of stock :(

BVC500
01-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Tamiya USA is quite bad about replacement parts. Nice people, but they don't have many replacement parts. HLJ was great, but their parts department is still under reconstruction...

racer93
01-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Tamiya USA is quite bad about replacement parts. Nice people, but they don't have many replacement parts. HLJ was great, but their parts department is still under reconstruction...
I have had nothing but good experiences at Tamiya CS. The only marginally bad one was when the earthquake happened and they had a several week or month delay in getting parts that had just come out. Not their fault at all...

petesy
01-16-2012, 03:17 AM
The 1/6 Harley Black Special (16007) just got reissued. If the sprue you are missing is common to that kit (i.e. not sidecar specific), order the one for it instead.

Rainbow Ten's web shop is in its last week of operation. While they have said you can't order Tamiya parts after Christmas before, if you are already an existing customer it doesn't hurt to ask.

Add your comment to this topic!