Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Odd Turn Signal Problem

TimothyArcher
01-12-2012, 03:13 PM
First post, though I've been lurking on this board for a long time. I couldn't find any cases like mine through searching.

A few months ago, my right turn signal on my 1999 Chrysler 300m began staying lit all of the time whenever my headlights were on. The right signal worked normally during the day, but just stayed solid at night. I found after a couple minutes of poking around that a bundle of insulated wires was hanging down from the middle of my front bumper fascia. When I moved these wires around, the right turn signal would flicker on and off. I put the wires back up into the fascia and the problem stopped.

About a month ago, both of my turn signals just simply stopped working. Jiggling the wires has no effect on this. I checked the fuses and everything looks fine. I've thought about trying to just replace the flasher, but the previous problems stated in the last paragraph make me think it might be something else, something simpler.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as my inspection is about to go out and I don't really have the money to take the car in for this signal problem at the moment. Thanks!

jamesslcx
01-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Timothy, I would start with checking those wires that were hanging down, sounds like a poor connection or a bare wire grounding out. Then while you are at it check your bulbs just to be on the safe side, you might be lucky and it be something simple.

Add your comment to this topic!