Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Mustang GT vs 96 Integra GSR

config
06-02-2003, 12:08 AM
GSR w/ Cold air intake and greddy evo exh.

I dont know if i can beat this guy w/ just that stuff, but im thinkin about gettin the jackson supercharger kit. Than im pretty damn sure i'll smoke him

sameintheend01
06-02-2003, 03:47 AM
agreed.

HiFlow5 0
06-02-2003, 06:46 AM
I raced a late 90's Integra awhile back, before some of my major mods. (not sure of the model or anything). On the straight aways it wasen't even a challenge, but through the curves he made up some ground.

What does your, or any GSR run for times? And what does that GT you want to race have done to it?

KrNxRaCer00
06-02-2003, 05:29 PM
should be pretty close. if he knows how to drive, he can beat u, but if ur' a better driver, u can beat him. 1st an 2nd, expect to get stomped cuz of its' lowend, but if u get into a full 1/4 race, u'll gain on him. sorry to say it, but he'll prolly come out on top.

w/ a s/c no challenge however.

hiflow, 14.8 here w/ only simple bolts.

PWMAN
06-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Don't get a jackson racing SC, they suck balls. They give you like a 60 HP increase - whoaaaa man. If you want to stick with a SC instead of turbo I recommend the kit from www.procharger.com they are a centrifical SC thats intercooled. It gives you almost 300 HP on a completely stock GSR. But if you just add exhaust that really helps and will take you over 300 easily. A JRSC will give you like 230 HP. Even a Vortech is better, but it's not intercooled and only gives you 250. Sure the JR supercharger will give you more low end but so what, that wasn't what the B18C1 was designed for anyway. When you got a 300 HP integra, it will annihilate a 260 HP stang. I don't even think he will get you much off the line either if you launch hard enough.

PWMAN
06-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Well I just went to Jackson's website to gather some info. It makes a 60 HP increase WITH a DC header, and cat-back from Sebring Tuning, and a DAC intake. It was making 210 HP to the wheels at 8 grand RPM. HAH, this roots blower isn't all it hacked up to be, by 5 thousand RPM it was only giving a 35 HP increase. And at 3 grand it's only making a 10 HP increase. 10 HP??? WTF. It even states and I quote ''From off idle to max RPM...'' off idle my ass. Their dyno chart doesn't show it making even a single HP increase until 2 thousand RPM - which of course like I said before gives you only a 10 HP increase by the time 3 thousand RPM comes. JRSC is a piece of crap, plain and simple.

sameintheend01
06-03-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by PWMAN
Well I just went to Jackson's website to gather some info. It makes a 60 HP increase WITH a DC header, and cat-back from Sebring Tuning, and a DAC intake. It was making 210 HP to the wheels at 8 grand RPM. HAH, this roots blower isn't all it hacked up to be, by 5 thousand RPM it was only giving a 35 HP increase. And at 3 grand it's only making a 10 HP increase. 10 HP??? WTF. It even states and I quote ''From off idle to max RPM...'' off idle my ass. Their dyno chart doesn't show it making even a single HP increase until 2 thousand RPM - which of course like I said before gives you only a 10 HP increase by the time 3 thousand RPM comes. JRSC is a piece of crap, plain and simple.

that is sad :monkeypis JRSC:rocket:

HiFlow5 0
06-03-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by KrNxRaCer00
should be pretty close. if he knows how to drive, he can beat u, but if ur' a better driver, u can beat him. 1st an 2nd, expect to get stomped cuz of its' lowend, but if u get into a full 1/4 race, u'll gain on him. sorry to say it, but he'll prolly come out on top.

w/ a s/c no challenge however.

hiflow, 14.8 here w/ only simple bolts.

I guess that's pretty respectable. Back when my car was mostly stock just after the engine rebuild, I was running 14.9 in my auto. A stick should be able to beat the GSR without a problem. Then again I have seen mustangs with similar mods to mine when I was running 14's, running mid 15's. So yeah driver skill with be the ultimate factor.

Paonessa
06-03-2003, 10:25 AM
dude, i don't know if you'll win but for the power differences you'll be surprised by how close you'll come. and if you're 5 speed and are a good driver i wouldn't be all that surprised if you did pull a win out. and with the sc there is a very slim chance you'll lose

config
06-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by PWMAN
Don't get a jackson racing SC, they suck balls. They give you like a 60 HP increase - whoaaaa man. If you want to stick with a SC instead of turbo I recommend the kit from www.procharger.com they are a centrifical SC thats intercooled. It gives you almost 300 HP on a completely stock GSR. But if you just add exhaust that really helps and will take you over 300 easily. A JRSC will give you like 230 HP. Even a Vortech is better, but it's not intercooled and only gives you 250. Sure the JR supercharger will give you more low end but so what, that wasn't what the B18C1 was designed for anyway. When you got a 300 HP integra, it will annihilate a 260 HP stang. I don't even think he will get you much off the line either if you launch hard enough.

where can i buy the procharger at>

in case anyones confused.. i have a integra GSR< and want to race the mustang.

PWMAN
06-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Didn't you click on that link that I set up - here it is again - www.procharger.com
On the left side of the page there is a section that says ''request'' and under it is ''catalogs' then ''Dealers''. click on dealers, it will give you a phone number to call.

97gsr
06-08-2003, 03:07 PM
i beat a '98 mustang gt with my STOCK '97 GS-R...
i dont know if he had any mods, but i think he had a stereo system too..

anyway.. he beat my R/T, but my 60 ft time was better, as well as my 1/4 time(i also had 1/2 tank of gas)

these two cars run close to the same times...there's just too many variables!

PRACTICE and you will win!!:bigthumb:

G96GSR
07-06-2003, 03:17 AM
All this hype about the procharger is bullshit. This thing sucks big time. Absolutely no reliability. Go to carreview.com and read the reviews. Almost every single review is negative with statements saying that the S/C starts giving problems from installation on. Performance w/o reliability is just stupid. At least the JRSC is reliable. That's all I have to say for now.

NSX
07-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Are you force feeding your car just to beat that Mustang guy?

99GSR
07-21-2003, 06:55 PM
It should be a close race but i think you'll leave in third gear because of the GSR's high end power. I smoked a 96 GT 5 speed by about 3 1/2 car lengths and i only had I/H/E & Skunk2 Stage 1 Camshafts.

PWMAN
07-26-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by G96GSR
All this hype about the procharger is bullshit. This thing sucks big time. Absolutely no reliability.

It's only because the idiots with no experience try to install it themselves. It's like LS/VTEC, it's only reliable when done right.

97gsrjc
07-30-2003, 03:40 PM
:icon16: i have a jackson racing and i bet i could take you sorry ass, no money donkey to school

PWMAN
07-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by 97gsrjc
:icon16: i have a jackson racing and i bet i could take you sorry ass, no money donkey to school

Thats the funniest thing I've heard all week. Have any dynos? How about quarter miles times?

Mustang_GT
05-14-2004, 04:13 PM
It should be a close race but i think you'll leave in third gear because of the GSR's high end power. I smoked a 96 GT 5 speed by about 3 1/2 car lengths and i only had I/H/E & Skunk2 Stage 1 Camshafts.
It's all about driver. If that guy is a shit driver, you'll be staring at his fog lights through your rear view mirror. If he's good (or has any mods such as supercharger or different gears) then he'll be watching your little import trying to catch up. If it is a straight road, he has the advantage. If your going around some curves, take full advantage of them. His torque will help him in the turns, but your handling will really make up time. On the straights, just gun it hard, and hope to god he fucks up some where. Good luck.

sofast
05-14-2004, 04:41 PM
I dare all of you to try taking me with this. LOL

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/95396PICT0006.JPG

scallywag
05-15-2004, 02:46 PM
It's only because the idiots with no experience try to install it themselves. It's like LS/VTEC, it's only reliable when done right.
:iagree: Ya, I get upset when people badmouth good mods because they didn't buld it right! Just like saying N2O blows up motors when really it is the moron who ran to big a shot for his block to handle. Either way, I say steer clear of the supercharger. You will see much better results with a turbo, plus you arn't restricted if you want to go with even more power. turbochargers have much more potential. you should expect to spend neer 3k for a kit like that, but it is still a much better choice than a supercharger that costs close to the same, and doesn't yeild neer as much power. Turbo= :biggrin:

sameintheend01
05-15-2004, 04:36 PM
we don't care....this thread is a year old....

kicker1_solo
05-15-2004, 07:16 PM
GSR w/ Cold air intake and greddy evo exh.

I dont know if i can beat this guy w/ just that stuff, but im thinkin about gettin the jackson supercharger kit. Than im pretty damn sure i'll smoke him
I love noobs

hey guys I have an intake on my car but I'm thinking about getting a supercharger, or maybe a turbo.....

from and intake to super, that's a huge jump lol

scallywag
05-15-2004, 07:34 PM
shit, I posted too. That pisses me off when old ass threads show up like that. I never look at the date, i just tend to respond if it is up top, because usually that means it is new. Guess I have to pay better attention due to noobs bringing back old shit. all apologies for contributing to the ignorance!

Crippy
05-17-2004, 11:08 AM
hey sofast , i just got my riding mower outta the shop , 6 speed 12 hp baby ... you dont want none !!

Add your comment to this topic!