Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

aventador release

countach79
01-04-2012, 05:47 AM
i have pre ordered mine from hlj

does anyone know when it will be released and orders filled?

cant wait to get it!!:naughty:

also, i have never placed an order or an pre order from hlj, whats the process?

do they let me know once orders are in then take our money?

cheers
Jason

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-04-2012, 06:19 AM
Fujimi's website said it would be Jan. 5th; it should be in your hands soon. HLJ is a good company, you shouldn't have any problems. You can log into their system to check the status. I'm not sure if they email you or not, but at least you should know when it is being processed, and when it has been shipped. They're on holiday until the 6th, so I doubt the package will ship until early next week.

exhaust smoke
01-04-2012, 08:10 AM
As ZoomZoomMX-5 has said, you can have peace of mind ordering from HLJ. When you place a pre-order, they will simply put you on the list and when the kit becomes available, they will ship it to you when it is released.

They will not charge you until the kit is available and ready for dispatch.

BVC500
01-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Mine's on order from HLJ and I'm still deciding what color to paint it. Leaning towards Grigio Estogue or matt blue!

rallymaster
01-04-2012, 09:18 AM
I verify my pending order yesterday, changed status to get what is available and Aventador was given available...?! Still waiting confirmation email and payment request.

RonCla
01-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Hobbylink is yet to show the Aventador on their Cars and bikes Just arrived page but they are only running a limited service till they return from holidays on the 6 Jan

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist/?gb=series&Released=-14&GenreCode=aut

xpeed
01-04-2012, 07:14 PM
I pre-ordered mine from http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/car/. They've always been great to me, and always notifies me when they have pre-ordered items in stock. They usually give out estimated release dates too so that you'll know when it's expected for you to pay for the item and be shipped out. They also use a point system, where you can accumulate enough points to use them on your next order to get some discounts off the normal price. If you have enough, you can even buy them with just your points alone I believe.

The release date was first stated for late December, but it updated to early Jan.

petesy
01-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I verify my pending order yesterday, changed status to get what is available and Aventador was given available...?! Still waiting confirmation email and payment request.
Be very careful with the "don't ship until everything in the order is ready" option with HLJ.

HLJ does not hold the items in their inventory for you. What that means is when the things holding up your order finally become available, what were in stock before can suddenly become sold out. There is also a max waiting period of 2 months, when they will ship the order no matter it is complete or not.

I found that out the hard way, when they shipped me the order after the max period. I never got the stuff that was holding my order, but something that was "in stock" when I ordered became "discontinued".

If there are any hot items you really want that are already in stock, don't use the wait option. 9 times out of 10 they will be gone before your order is ready.

On a side note: HLJ has become my "last resort" these days. I don't know if they have finally changed it or not, but their non-real-time inventory system was frustrating when I was shopping from them back then (what was in stock when I clicked order became out-of-stock the next day). That, and the long wait period for shipping had prompted me to switch to Rainbow Ten first, then to Hobby Search and Hobby Easy now.

rallymaster
01-05-2012, 06:36 AM
Be very careful with the "don't ship until everything in the order is ready" option with HLJ.

HLJ does not hold the items in their inventory for you. What that means is when the things holding up your order finally become available, what were in stock before can suddenly become sold out. There is also a max waiting period of 2 months, when they will ship the order no matter it is complete or not.

I found that out the hard way, when they shipped me the order after the max period. I never got the stuff that was holding my order, but something that was "in stock" when I ordered became "discontinued".

If there are any hot items you really want that are already in stock, don't use the wait option. 9 times out of 10 they will be gone before your order is ready.

On a side note: HLJ has become my "last resort" these days. I don't know if they have finally changed it or not, but their non-real-time inventory system was frustrating when I was shopping from them back then (what was in stock when I clicked order became out-of-stock the next day). That, and the long wait period for shipping had prompted me to switch to Rainbow Ten first, then to Hobby Search and Hobby Easy now.

Thanks for the warning and advice.
I changed the status when I saw a few of my items ordered came back in stock after having been listed backordered for weeks. I had no in stock item in the pending order, so no risk to loose the in stock status once the other back in stock, but you're right, one have to be very attentive.
Usually I don't order things that aren't in stock, to avoid such in stock/not in stock issues, but that time I didn't want to miss a backordered decal set so I ordered it and add other but only backordered items to be sure not have the order divided in several sending I would not have chosen.
As all items don't come back in stock at the same time, I have to manage the sendings but it's not the website that chose for you as it's the case with the paypal agreement, by the way I had to changed that too to and come back to credit card option to be sure anything won't be sent without my approval.

Entau
01-05-2012, 11:15 PM
the entire engine bay is 1 piece...damn :flipa:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10160899

auw12
01-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Well I won't call the one-piece engine bay, the unmovable doors, the snaping on engine cover and the... disappointed as I never really expected much from Fujimi, All I need is a correct body and some decent interior, judging from the pics they've done well. I'm sure it'll look decent when finished. Should receive mine from hlj shortly.

petesy
01-06-2012, 03:31 AM
From the look of it the doors can be opened? I guess it's possible to hinge it if so desired, and it's much better than their not-quite-workable Countach doors IMO.

I'll wait for our LHS for this one, I'm in no hurry to get it and with any luck I'd be paying below the Japanese list price.

Veyron
01-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Typical Fujimi construction. I couldn't care less if the doors open, I will probably glue them shut anyway.

The nice touches are two sets of rims and window mask included.

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Typical Fujimi construction. I couldn't care less if the doors open, I will probably glue them shut anyway.

The nice touches are two sets of rims and window mask included.

For a wheel slut like you I'll bet you are thrilled :grinyes: There ought to be nice touches like that for a curbside kit that is going to sell for a minimum of $60 or so once shipped from Japan (they should have included extra set of tires too :tongue:). I shudder to think what the Hobbytown price for it will be; it could easily be $89.95 or more. The kit is a dog detail-wise compared to the Tamiya LFA which is the same price (as for desirability of subject, the Aventador trumps it by infinite amounts). I'm sure your spectacular buildup will severely test my will to "make do" with the Maisto model I bought for $9.99 at Walmart.

"Dear Revell AG: You know your usually questionable propensity to tool up kits already done by the Japanese? I have a great idea, and it's not a boring old car, either..."

BVC500
01-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Yeah, interesting that Fujimi included two sets of wheels. It looks good to me. The nice thing about the Lambo is that, while made almost entirely of carbon fiber, most of it is hidden. All of the black body and engine bay bits are plastic (carbon fiber probably optional), thus us modelers who strive for realism don't have to spend hours applying carbon fiber decals!

auw12
01-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Here's a brief review of the kit from a Japanese modeler. http://mokehana.blog34.fc2.com/blog-entry-310.html They provide 2 sets of exhaust tip parts, with and without chrome plate... :screwy: I've noticed the inner metal panel were missing on the center control tunnel, and that engine block really made me cry...

countach79
01-08-2012, 02:52 AM
Here's a brief review of the kit from a Japanese modeler. http://mokehana.blog34.fc2.com/blog-entry-310.html They provide 2 sets of exhaust tip parts, with and without chrome plate... :screwy: I've noticed the inner metal panel were missed on the center control tunnel, and that engine block really made me cry...

i like the separate brake calipers and the little bit of P/E

but we're going to have to work hard to make that engine bay look believable

i really wish tamiya would add it to their list, I'd pay what ever they wanted for it too!!

still, as crappy as the engine bay is i can't wait to get mine

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-08-2012, 09:01 AM
So you have a choice with the doors...either open all the time, or don't install the "hinge" locator and glue the doors in place closed.

That engine bay...

Fujimi is really trying hard to impress...:uhoh:

countach79
01-12-2012, 05:05 AM
looks like it's on it's way to our hobby tables!!

paid for mine today!

cjsbosox
01-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Any word on PE for it? Mine arrives monday according to FedEx :)

rallymaster
01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
same for me, sent yesterday from HLJ.
Still two weeks to wait and I'll have it.
Porsche GT3R is in the same package, will be an interesting one !

drunken monkey
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
considering that this is a brand new car with brand new (to Lambo) engineering elements (i.e that fancy pushrod front and rear suspension and brand new engine), it's a shame that none of the kit makers have singled it out for a proper full detail kit.

This is one of those cars that would look equally good (ok... make that interesting...) without the body on.

MidMazar
01-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I hate one piece engine blocks, such a pain in the a$$ to detail. :banghead:

Although with some detail painting it should look good i think i might get the bmw release instead although lambos always temp me. Thanks for sharing.

Veyron
02-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Mini review here....

Kit is one of the nicer engineered ones that we occasionally get from Fujimi. At times it seems they have two teams of engineers/designers with one being good and the other next to terrible.

Among the duplicated parts in the kit are the rims, which we knew about, and there is also a chrome tree with exhaust tip/side mirror inserts and an un-chromed tree of the same.

Having not assembled the whole kit I can't comment much on fitment although I can tell you the chassis has a good positive fit into the body. I am closing the doors on mine so I will list my procedure for doing so in case others want to do it.

Leaving all the bracing sprues in the body to keep it straight you can begin gluing in the side inlet scoops and sill. These parts fit very well and need no tweaking.

Next you can cut the cross sprue out of the door way. I clipped the bottom one first, then the sides and top last. Be careful with the top one because any bad separation from the roof will be visible and need repair. Mine snipped off with only minor sanding needed.

The door fits very well but some material needs to be sanded off the leading edge to allow tolerance for paint layers. In fact I sanded some off the leading edge and rear top section of the door. Once the door is glued in place there is no need for any putty around it. There is ample room for paint layers but it will not appear to have diecast like gaps after painting IMO.

So far the glaring mistake in the kit are the tires....front and rears are a bit too narrow for the rims...and even when you stretch them onto the rim they won't look right because the tires are made for rims with the center ridge, like slot car rims. So the tires, in my estimation, were borrowed from some other production line. Sigh.

Overall it will be a fantastic looking model when finished I have no doubt. The body looks great and there are minimal mold lines to sand off, mostly on the front corners of the car.

Level of detail is typical for Fujimi's recent kits, nothing groundbreaking here.

There's your snapshot, good luck with your build!

andybmw7272
02-04-2012, 07:40 AM
I can't wait to see one of these built (Brian!).

From your mini review, it doesn't sound all that bad with the previously discussed lack of detail. Like most kits, you have to make some adjustments to fit the desires of those of us who are picky and detailed.

Alright Brian, finish this up and post some pics!
Andy

Veyron
02-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Well, a bit of bad news.

The separate engine cover when inserted in it's slot is raised on every edge instead of flush with the body. I appears it is simply too thick so a lot of sanding is required on the cover to bring it down flush.

Not sure why they made that piece separate anyway unless it is for future adjusting of the mold to make a Spider.

guiwee
02-05-2012, 02:20 PM
OOOOOkkkkk...enough of the talk anyone got sum pics!!!1!
Shouldnt be a bad kit!!....Is it???

teoteo
02-05-2012, 11:52 PM
From Japanese site
http://www.fg-site.net/products/160172

wrx_triggerhappy
02-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I received mine through Hobby Search http://www.1999.co.jp (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10002198) - gorgeous piece of work. Plus its pretty nice that Hobby Search does the reward points for purchase

Add your comment to this topic!