Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 Montana SV6 air pump problem...

bernie2112
01-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Greetings!

On my 2006 Montana we have an air pump that can be used for pumping up mattresses and bike tires and such. For some reason it turns on by itself and, since this is at 3 am, runs until the battery dies. I think I could just remove the fuse until I can get it fixed but I cannot figure out what fuse it runs from.

Or is there an easy way to disable the pump since we don't use it very much.

Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Bernie

rkvons
01-04-2012, 12:41 PM
This pump may also be used to level your vehicle when there is heavy stuff in the rear. There is a lever underneath that registers when the vehicle is being pushed down and starts the pump. It will keep pumping until it's level again. Perhaps there is an air leak in the lines to the air shocks or one of the shocks themselves.

gmtech1
01-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Rkvons is correct, the same pump runs your electronic suspension. The fuse is in the instrument panel fuse box, fuse #15 should be 25A fuse.

1999montana
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM
This pump may also be used to level your vehicle when there is heavy stuff in the rear. There is a lever underneath that registers when the vehicle is being pushed down and starts the pump. It will keep pumping until it's level again. Perhaps there is an air leak in the lines to the air shocks or one of the shocks themselves.

This is curious. The system won't run unless the ignition is in 'accessory' or in the 'on' position. Can't run on it's own, I don't think. If it does, that's news to me. If so, it could also be the rod that connects the load-leveler control box to the axle. Mine broke off one end and the system kept pumping until I looked like a wheel trans van going down the rod!

Add your comment to this topic!