Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car Audio - Please Help

VPCommodore
06-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Hello
I have just bought a VP commodore and i was just wondering how to you get the stock standard eurovox tape player to come out so i can put my cd player in there, does it slide out if so how is it done.

Thanks in advance
Adrian

cruisey
06-03-2003, 08:01 PM
Ok, well off memory you'll have to take the face surrounding the head unit off. then you should find its a matter of undoing the screws. and it'll slide out.
good luck!:)

oldmate
07-10-2003, 04:43 AM
also have to unclip the panel surrounding the handbrake,
i think thats where i got stuck the first time i did one

dkerr
02-26-2004, 10:13 AM
you have to pull out the cover around your handbrake, then unscrew the 3 screws at the bottom of the "centre console", underneath the aircon gear, then pull all the knobs off the aircon stuff and pull of the black surround thing. The there should be two screws each side if the tape deck that you have to unscrew. Then unscrew the mounts of the tape deck and they should screw into the side of your cd player. It should all then go back in once hooked up.

Also, I remember on each the side of the "centre console" underneath the dash a bit, there were screws I had to undo. And open the glove box and there should be some in the to.

I installed a cd player into my mums vp, but that was about a year ago so I dont know if all that is right, but i shouldn't be far off.

hope it helps!

Add your comment to this topic!