01 v6 S10 Stalls at traffic light

iski
01-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Stalls a light once in a while. I'm not sure if it is weather related. Garage kept.

MT-2500
01-02-2012, 04:59 AM
Stalls a light once in a while. I'm not sure if it is weather related. Garage kept.

More like needing a good tune up with a good fuel pressure and scanner checkout and TBI clean up.
Any check engine lights?
How many miles since last know good tune up?

Is the IAC controlling idle good?

iski
01-02-2012, 04:38 PM
More like needing a good tune up with a good fuel pressure and scanner checkout and TBI clean up.
Any check engine lights?
How many miles since last know good tune up?

Is the IAC controlling idle good?

No Engine Lights. Plugs last year Fuel Filter and other filters nothing else was done. I'll try cleaning the TBI. How do I Check the IAC controller?

j cAT
01-05-2012, 06:22 PM
No Engine Lights. Plugs last year Fuel Filter and other filters nothing else was done. I'll try cleaning the TBI. How do I Check the IAC controller?

check for vacuum leaks, remove the IAC and clean with throttle body cleaner.use a tooth brush to gently clean the valve and bore with throttlebody cleaner.

if the idle does vary this is your problem..if it just shuts down / stalls on occation at a light then is hard starting when heated this may mean the ICM is starting to go. the ICM can be tested at most autozone stores..

Add your comment to this topic!