Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

John Bean May Tire matic tire changer cone‏

rusted and busted
12-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a John Bean May Tire matic tire changer cone‏? The tire machine was made in the early 60's and it is missing the threaded center cone. Newer model snap-ons and coats are to big to fit this machine.

Throtlejunkie
12-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Did you ever find a cone or another solution perhaps? I'm in the same predicament

rusted and busted
12-21-2016, 09:38 PM
I never did find a good cone for it, I still have it in the corner of my shop. It seems every person I have talked to has the same problem and is looking for a cone. I actually have the original cone but the threads are completely worn away. As you are most likely aware of a cone from a Coats 20/20 machine is to large for the screw but I was thinking about trying to find a nut with the same thread pattern as the machine and welding it to a Coats cone. I know its not the best way to solve the problem but the machine would only have occasional use.

What shape is your tire machine in? I actually got mine off the back of a scrap metal truck and was on its way to be sold for scrap. The shop that used to own it went out of business and wanted it gone. With the exception of the cone it is complete and in good working condition.

CarlB99
02-09-2017, 04:17 PM
I would be very interested in finding one of these machines. Even if it wasn't complete. I live in Virginia. Does anyone want to sell. Send me a mesage

rusted and busted
02-09-2017, 04:40 PM
I might consider it but I live in Chicago

CarlB99
02-10-2017, 09:21 AM
I am going to check with some trucking companies to see how much it would cost to ship it. what do you think it weighs? I would think it is about 200 lbs. Can you send me some pictures?

CarlB99
02-16-2017, 02:31 PM
I am still interested in your tire machine. Please contact me. cbauersfeld@verizon.net

Add your comment to this topic!