Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

error codes p0101,131,143,147,151 and 142 - 2000 jimmy

jimmy121
12-28-2011, 06:03 PM
I have been getting a series of error codes on my 2000 Jimmy and would like to try to fix the problem myself. I am quite handy but don't have a lot of experience working on cars. Can anyone help me make sense of the error codes that I'm getting?
About a month ago I began losing power on acceleration and at highway speeds. The engine will accelerate normally and then hesitate and thenit seems to "catch" again and continue accelerating. The problem is intermittent as is the check engine light.
I don't know if it is related but i put a k&n filter in two months ago but I took it out when I started having these problems.
the error codes that i'm getting are p0101,131,143,147,151 and 142.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

maxwedge
12-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Welcome to AF, you have a mass air flow sensor code there which can be caused by oil from the k and n contaminating the wires in the maf sensor, they should be cleaned with electrical parts cleaner only, just sprayed and let dry, then reinstall clear codes and see what happens. Post back the results and any codes that reappear. For your own info, google the other than the 101 codes or do a sight search for info, this is a good learning tool for diagnosing driveability issues.

jimmy121
12-29-2011, 09:01 PM
thank you so much for your help. It took me 1/2 an hour and my Jimmy is running great! It looks like the other codes are related to oxygen sensors so i'm hoping that fixing the maf sensor will take care of them. I'll let you know how it works out...
thanks again

Add your comment to this topic!