Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 Dodge Stratus wont start

timhahn
12-21-2011, 07:01 AM
My car died at a stop sign and would not restart. It had the original stock battery in it and tested bad so I replaced it and still did not start. We also got alternator tested and tested good. We got error code p0340 which is camshaft position sensor and replaced that still didn't start. We took it off to see if the cam would turn while cranking it did not also took the timing belt cover off and cranked engine it did not turn either. I am sincerely stuck and could use whatever help you can give me.

peterjon1
12-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Most likely your timing belt has stripped the cogs on it. Replace timing belt.

spike1269
04-07-2013, 07:58 AM
it is def the timing belt.. I myself have never seen one just stop working or snap or wear the teeth off of.. but I have heard of it happening a lot.. but if the motor is indeed cranking, and the top of the motor isnt turning, then its the belt or tensioner, I had a water pump go bad on an intrepid and got the tensioner wet and it fell apart when the bearing locked up, and belt let go.. replaced the tensioner and bely while in there after the water pump, and went TDC on both heads and crank, started right up and was perfect till I sold it.

Add your comment to this topic!