Repairing rearview mirror.........

mn_1
12-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Hi all. 98 Regal with the "electronic" mirror. It's got the little buttons on the bottom and some type of dimming control on it.
The mirror doesn't dim anymore and it has a visible oval on the glass now, and some "fluid" leaked out of the mirror too.
How do I fix my mirror and what kind of money can I expect to pay for one? Does say Rock auto etc carry these mirrors?
Thanks in advance.........:smile:

GTP Dad
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately the only way to fix it is to replace the mirror. If the fluid has leaked out the mirror is damaged beyond repair. I suggest trying e-bay or moradpartscompany.com for a used on as they are very expensive if you purchase from GM. I checked the rock-auto catalog and they do not have any listed for your car. They may have one on the accessory catalog however. Good Luck!

Tech II
12-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Best bet is a junkyard.....easy to remove....

irbf
12-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Sybesma's Electronics in Holland MI used to rebuild the mirrors. A few years ago they rebuilt mine out of a 2000 Regal. At the time it was about $100. Might want to consider this route... http://www.sybesmas.com/home.html

jerroldk
03-20-2012, 11:52 PM
FYI all. 'irbf' was right. Sybesma does replace mirrors. I had the same problem with the auto dimming mirror in my 2K Regal. I didn't trust what I would get at a junk yard, so went this route. They turned it around in about 4 days with an exact exchange for $95 including return shipping, but they will also do a repair on it for a few $ less. It's like new. Thanks 'irbf'.

Add your comment to this topic!