93 Regal 3.1L rough idle stalling

zips51
12-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Ok, yesterday I replace the blower motor and now today my car is idling rough and dies sometimes.

When I start the car the idle will go up to 2000-3000 rpm's sometimes and then falls. Cruising down the road 50-60 mph everything is fine. When I slow to around 30 mph the rpm will fall to around 500 rpm and back up to 1500 rpm. If I don't keep my foot off the gas it sometimes dies when I pull up to a stop sign or go to turn.

I don't understand why this all would show up after replacing the blower motor. Could something in the convenience center be causing the problem?
Again the car is a 93 3.1L with 170,000 miles The plugs, wires, fuel pump and filter all were replaced around 30,000 miles ago.

Sorry if this a repeat thread got tired of searching.

big white bufflo
12-10-2011, 09:43 AM
first thing i would look for is a vacume line off in the area you were working lines on old cars get brittle and break or just fall off

diesel1962
12-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Hi.Had the same problem on a 94' Old's I used to own.Check vacuum hoses going into the firewall.One may have come loose or cracked.My car ran poor and had no floor heat or a/c vent air flow.Turned out that it was a main vacuum hose that I knocked off during blower motor replacement.Good luck!............Diesel1962

zips51
12-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks for your input. I looked over the vacuum lines. From what I could see they all were on. One did look a little cracked. I'm going to give it another once over once the weather cooperates. Took it for a drive yesterday. Stumbled once or twice after I restarted it after it was driven for awhile.

zips51
12-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks for your input. I checked the vacuum lines. From what I could see they all were in place. One looked a little rough, I am going to give it another once over once the weather cooperates. Took it on a drive to the locker yesterday to pick up my deer meat and ran fine on the way there. When I went back out to start it, it died twice but ran fine after that.

zips51
12-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Well, I had a few mechanic friends tell me that the new blower motor might be pulling more voltage than the alternator could keep up with. So I pulled the alternator off and had it tested. It passed the test naturally. They said it was dragging a little bit which may be a problem. But I opted not to spend $85 on a new if it was not the problem.

Still searching.

big white bufflo
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
take some carb cleaner with the car running spray the hoses and thing and listen for a idle change this might help you find the vac leak .very unlikely a blower motor will pull that much amp to bogg the engine down its not the blower motor.

Add your comment to this topic!