Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Buying a new car in a few months not sure what to get

Dre11
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Im turning 21 soon and ill be financing a used car under 10k but im not sure what I want... Im into imports and quick cars and I had my mind set on a Rx8 or a wrx because of their potential but there a little kidish looking sometimes and the interior of the wrx is just plain cheap... I test drove a unlikely car lol a 2005 Saab 9-3 and feel in love with it because of the turbo and the luxury and with a decent tune from JZW and BSR these cars can put down nice horsepower numbers but the usual "GM electrical problems" sometimes plagues these cars so im worried.. So I dont know which route to go luxury or speed.

BullShifter
12-07-2011, 10:50 PM
I would NEVER recommend a Saab to anyone. Acura TL, Infinti G35?

speediva
12-23-2011, 12:49 PM
PS - consider your insurance costs. You fit PERFECTLY into the super-expensive category, so be prepared!

DeltaP
12-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Saab is going out of business. GM sold it off as part of their bailout agreement several years ago. Now the Swedish,(I think),company that bought em is lookin to dump em. Hmm, maybe Chineese Saabs in the future? Or how about Hummersaabs ?:runaround:
Anyway ya gotta think about product support. Being a foreign company now they may not be legally obligated to make parts for em.

BDToney
02-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Your smart to be looking at used to avoid the new car depreciation. I agree with the previous post about Saab, especially if your financing. Go something with a good reliability rating that is less costly to repair. Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infinity or Toyota/Lexus. As for luxury or speed you can have both but for an every day driver I would lean to luxury. You could get a project car later for your speed thrills. Good luck.

carlyyy
02-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Yup, RX8 is a good choice. You may check this out
2005 Mazda RX-8 (http://carsabi.com/car-search/listing/2005%20Mazda%20RX-8_1227155/)

a good fit for your budget, Price: $10,500
Just add 500bucks and you can have this great deal. Hope it helps..

kevinande
02-28-2012, 09:26 PM
This is kind of old, and you may have already purchased a vehicle. I do not recommend an RX8 unless you have lots of extra cash for fuel and just regular maintenance. It's rotary engine is unique and requires much more attention than your normal piston engine. It's a great car and I love mine dearly, just be aware.

Jamesfranklin
04-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Make a listing of features you want from your car and them compare them with every car you encounters. Go with the one which meets your requirements in best possible way. First, you will come-up with a huge list but it will be reduced as you will become more and more specific. Ultimately, choose the one which does not only fulfilling your requirements but also falling inside your spending budget.

Add your comment to this topic!