2002 Bad Battery

ls2002
12-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Thought I would post this just for some info and hope it may be of some value to others. My wife had been commenting on how her car was starting differently. Instead of firing right up it was a bit hesitant and she said it was almost like it was flooding. The CEL was on so ran by autozone to have the codes read the one i remember is it being lean. Well yesterday morning she went to get in it to go work it cranked a couple times then the dreaded click click. Took battery to autozone and it checked bad. Replaced and so far the CEL has not came back. Think the battery is original motorcraft we have had the car since 04. So if you have a code r codes you cant seem to fix might look at your battery. sorry for the long post.

gcwimmer
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I just replaced my original battery after 7 years, 3 days. I was getting the dreaded dash needles sweep and would reset the trip meter. I hope you replaced it with a vented battery, OEM BXT-66-750, $109.95 plus tax from my local Ford dealer. Non-vented battery can be very bad.....think Hindenburg blimp.

Add your comment to this topic!