Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 corolla wheel vibration

kimper
12-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I just bought a 2002 corolla with a salvage title. I am having trouble with the front passenger side vibration at high speeds 50mph on up. It had the vibration when I bought it and I put 4 brand new tires on it, and had the front end aligned and had a fellow mechanic look at it and and said everything up front was tight. The guy I bought it from said he had the front brakes just done but I feel a pulsating as when I apply the brakes. My fellow mechanic said he would turn the rotors next week, my question is what would be my next step if that not it, axle? Any info would be helpful :banghead:

I really wouldn't car but I drive this car 150 miles a day to work and its all highway

quick69gto
12-17-2011, 02:37 PM
It could be a CV axle but I would look at a possible bent wheel. Some tire shops will say something, others won't. Rotate the tires front to back and see if the vibration moves to the rear of the car.
The only other things that could cause a vibration in the front is loose suspension/steering components (i.e. struts, ball joints, etc.) but you did say they were looked at.
Good luck!

kimper
01-20-2012, 05:03 PM
I finally found out my problem, it was out of balance tires and one slightly bent rim, you would of thought that after two different people said they balanced the tires that they actually would of done it. Finally the third person took his time and said I had a bent and that all the tires were out of balance and put the bent rim in the back and balanced the rest perfectly and the car drives straight and no vibrations

Add your comment to this topic!