Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

trans removal info.

gsp2112
11-28-2011, 10:41 AM
does anyone know of an internet site i can view for a step by step procedure for the removal of the trans. in my 1998 bonnie ssei.. and a listing of what models of gm cars might be a possiable donor car for the trans. and what style body is mine im thinking a "w" not sure though also a note to the wonderful mods. here you can delete my 2 previous posts here to conserve space if you wish....thanks gsp.:smile:

Tech II
11-28-2011, 04:47 PM
If you are serious, about doing major work on your own vehicle, you can go to Helm Inc., and get a service manual for about 40 bucks.....another option is a subscription to AllData.....about 30 bucks, but also includes TSB's/recallls....

Your vehicle is an "H" body, with a 4T65-E tranny....

gsp2112
12-05-2011, 11:17 PM
thanks tec2 i went to the local library to check out a chiltons manual and my luck it was gone but with membership to the library you get unlimited access to chiltons database for any car manual they have ever printed....for free:smokin:...the mods here may want to post that info for all to see....just an update the bad trans hit the floor today and im going to spend the next couple days for new oil pan gasket and new lower ball joints whyle i have it tore down....got lucky and found a brand new trans that was an gm. overrun and never used for 450 with a good guarntee:naughty:

Add your comment to this topic!