Page updated on 11-22-2017

application of decals from the Museum Collection

beaver63
11-18-2011, 05:49 AM
You can share your experience with the application of decals from the MC. I am a little concerned with the removal of the cover sheet ...
I'll be glad for any advice.

P. S. not have any video on YouTube?

gionc
11-18-2011, 06:44 AM
I'll follow. I have in stash few decal set in their kind way, without carrier film. I'm concerned too but about the application on complex 3D shapes, and how the "upper" film will follow the shape....

I'm all ear open...

beaver63
11-18-2011, 06:59 AM
I am glad I am not alone.:runaround:

stevenoble
11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
In my experience they are a fantastic idea but totally rubbish in practice. I used them on my McLaren build and they were complete rubbish. Threw them into the bin and used Tabu Design ones instead...

spede
11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
In my experience they are a fantastic idea but totally rubbish in practice. I used them on my McLaren build and they were complete rubbish. Threw them into the bin and used Tabu Design ones instead...

I had same kind of experience with Celica St-185 rally decals, especially thin decals, like those black lines surrounding red areas, were hopeless, most of them I had to reprint. Luckily Celica was kinda "flat" car (no insane curves) as MC:s decals weren't too flexible, so I'm ok with results.

http://img187.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=keu1.jpg

935k3
11-18-2011, 11:20 PM
You might transfer them to a regular clear decal sheet and then apply as a normal decal. You would be able to move them as needed. I f you need them to conform try a very hot damp cloth to press them down.

Add your comment to this topic!