Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

coolant in plug vally i think

big white bufflo
11-12-2011, 12:18 PM
:eek7:I am a regular to the forum in the buicks but new to the fords just bought a 2002 cv 87000 mile from a dealer 4.6 had a mis fire #8 i know these coil pac are prone to go bad so i replaced it but when i pulled it out it looked like coolant in the plug vally the boot was wet it has me concerned is there any troubles in the 4.6 were this could happen when i first got the car i did have to top off the coolant but it dont seem to be loseing any

killermrob83
11-16-2011, 01:03 PM
You probably have a crack in the intake manifold somewhere. I had to replace the original on my dad's '99 LX due to a crack in the nipple that comes vertically out of the rear and goes to the heater core, adjacent to the no.4 cylinder. In doing the job, there was coolant in the no.4 and no.8 spark plug well. The reason I say that it is probably the intake is because it is a very common problem. In fact, Ford had a class action lawsuit against them for catastrophic failure of these manifolds; the front end of them would blow out which resulted in massive loss of coolant and subsequent over heating. You may just have a leaking intake gasket, but you'll have to go over the thing with a fine-toothed comb (regardless of where the leak is) to find it. If the car still has the original intake, I personally would just change it out and get it over with. Hope this helps.

Add your comment to this topic!