Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

bouncy/hard ride/ lexus lx 470

kikkup
11-08-2011, 04:23 AM
I have a 2001 Lexus lx 470, The ride is bouncy , I was going to change the fluid and when I went to syringe the old fluid out it had water mixed in with the fluid, I have new fluid but does anyone know the proper procedure for getting this out, and do I need to just drain the whole system, just need to know the right way to do this... Thanks Steve

Brian R.
11-08-2011, 05:50 AM
If you are talking about replacing the brake fluid, you will need to replace all the old fluid if there is water contamination. Syringe out all the old fluid from the master cylinder and replace it with fresh fluid. Then bleed all the wheel cylinders until fresh fluid comes out. Since the new fluid is probably also now contaminated with some water (any contamination is bad), I would repeat the process - replace all the fluid in the master cylinder with fresh fluid and bleed the wheel cylinders again to flush the lines.

For the problem of a bouncy ride, it sounds like you need new struts.

kikkup
11-08-2011, 06:22 AM
For the problem of a bouncy ride, it sounds like you need new struts.

It has air ride suspension,

Brian R.
11-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I doubt it is meant to be a bouncy suspension. You better find out what needs to be replaced to stop the bouncing.

kikkup
11-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks Brian, The suspension is controled by 4 actuaters , I was wondering if I had overlooked something, I finally got the water out of the system and the bouncing is still there, I ordered the actuators, $740.00 each, :crying: so I guess When they come in I will try that, I will keep you updated, with my progress, Thanks again for you're input..

Add your comment to this topic!