Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 blazer

Ted Atkinson
11-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Have been working on my 1995 blazer for a week now have replaced o2 , crank sensors, fuel filter fuel regulator still stalls and surges after running for ten min. At a loss to whats the problem starts fine and runs great but it only takes til it warms up and runs bad and stalls, is it the spider hate to keep guessing .

FishFind
11-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Yeah guessing is bad and the spider is alot of cash. I have head from some that it could by the ICM Ignition control Mod. NOT the coil its self. Also check your fuel pressures. Good place to start because you can rent and return the tool for full refund from autozone.

MT-2500
11-06-2011, 01:58 AM
Have been working on my 1995 blazer for a week now have replaced o2 , crank sensors, fuel filter fuel regulator still stalls and surges after running for ten min. At a loss to whats the problem starts fine and runs great but it only takes til it warms up and runs bad and stalls, is it the spider hate to keep guessing .

Got any codes or check engine lights?

Ted Atkinson
11-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Have checked pressures all fine I bought the presurre gauge needed one any way I am a disel mech. No engine codes either, going to try map sensor, have suggestion from friends some think computur, but something is getting hot and shutting down it runs great cold soon has warmed up starts again, cools down then starts and runs great could it be distributors?

MT-2500
11-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Have checked pressures all fine I bought the presurre gauge needed one any way I am a disel mech. No engine codes either, going to try map sensor, have suggestion from friends some think computur, but something is getting hot and shutting down it runs great cold soon has warmed up starts again, cools down then starts and runs great could it be distributors?

Have you cheked for lose of spark and or fuel pressure when or at the time it acts up?
What was the fuel pressure readings?

Ted Atkinson
11-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys tried all suggestion finally broke down took it to a friend of mine and he put it on the machine and guess what after changing all the parts and sensors it was the damn computor it self bought a used one for 100.00 and the thing runs fine guess should have started out by going to tony and saved mayself some time and money, I am old school can fix anything but this damn electronic stuff. Going to but me a 1980s car and be done with it this almost made me want to buy a ford but good sense and good friends got me through.

MT-2500
11-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Thanks guys tried all suggestion finally broke down took it to a friend of mine and he put it on the machine and guess what after changing all the parts and sensors it was the damn computor it self bought a used one for 100.00 and the thing runs fine guess should have started out by going to tony and saved mayself some time and money, I am old school can fix anything but this damn electronic stuff. Going to but me a 1980s car and be done with it this almost made me want to buy a ford but good sense and good friends got me through.

You are welcome and thanks for posting back the fix and how it went.

Actually there is no machine that says bad computer.
But with proper testing you can check computer inputs and outputs and find out if computer is bad or good.

Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!