94 ford explorer

klinki
11-05-2011, 04:21 PM
I am in need of the wiring diagram for the A/C sys. I'm getting fire to the low pressure switch-but then no further. "HELP" I'm not electrically minded--give me a 15 spd trans and I'm in heaven-but electrical things drive me crazy.

shorod
11-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Are you sure the system is not low on refrigerant? It sounds like the low pressure switch is functioning the way it was designed to.

-Rod

klinki
11-06-2011, 11:08 AM
yes there is freon in the sys. I have also jumped the low press switch and still get nothing at the comp. plug. I would really like to have a wiring diagram to follow the path and try and find out where the "leak" is.

shorod
11-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, 1994 is the year that they switched to R-134a. Your system may have low and high pressure switches on it, in which case if someone tried to "top it off" and overcharged it the compressor would not engage either. The wiring diagram would show this.

If you send me a Private Message with the request and an e-mail address for you, I'll send you a PDF of the A/C system wiring diagrams.

-Rod

klinki
11-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Thats kinda what I thought might be the problem--can you tell me where I can get the wiring diagram or can you tell me where the high pressure switch might be located. I believe this sys is still on R-12. According to the under hood tags anyway. I plan on switching it over to R-134 as soon as I figure out this wiring problem.
Thanks

klinki
11-06-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm still new to this forum so I sent the previous message before reading all post. I will try and send you the private mess. as soon as I figure out how. ?????

shorod
11-07-2011, 07:39 AM
The easy way to send a private message is to single left mouse click on the username you want to send a private message to. You can click on the username to the left of the posts. Then select "Send a private message to _________". I'll go ahead and send you a private message that you can respond back to.

You managed to send me a Visitor Message and those are viewable by pretty much any user, which is why I don't suggest using those as you probably wouldn't want everyone seeing your e-mail address.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!