Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 dodge van brake line

blkmonday
11-04-2011, 12:15 PM
i have a 98 dodge conversion van. its my bands touring van. driving from my house to a gig a few hours away. just left my house and a deer jumped in front of me. i jammed on breaks and they went to the floor. broke the drivers side steel back brake line. luckily was only about a mile from home and it was uphill back home with no traffic (over 15k in p.a. gear in van..thank god!)
anyways i see that break line is run through the frame. its cold here in CT. has anyone replaced this line before? its the long steel one not the rubber one unfortunately. easy or a pain? what do i need to buy?
it runs through the frame but im thinking it would be easier to run it against the frame. does anyone know how long and what size these are? thanks in advance...gonna attempt it tomorrow in the cold :(

alloro
11-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Same thing happened to me last summer. I have a 2000 and the brake line ran next to the frame above the fuel tank. I think I used a 5 or 6 foot replacement brake line, but to make it fit I had to cut it back a few inches and re-flare it.

Before sliding the new brake line back in, be sure to cap the end of it so that you do not get any debris inside the line as you're pushing it in.

Add your comment to this topic!