Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine turns over but wont start. after just running

gvfc2
10-30-2011, 03:41 PM
There probably is other topics about this but here it goes. my blazer will turn over its getting fuel to the carb thru the fuel injection system but not making it into the cylinders. its a 91 chevy blazer with a v6 fuel injected carb engine. I need this fixed as i need it for my work to get back and forth. it is getting sprk just the fuel isnt making it into the cylinders. im guessing its staying in the intake manifold. if i am thinking right. i had it running and then i turned it off and right after i had to start it again and it just would not start. before this it was hesitating like a loss of power when pressing on the gas.

MT-2500
10-30-2011, 04:15 PM
There probably is other topics about this but here it goes. my blazer will turn over its getting fuel to the carb thru the fuel injection system but not making it into the cylinders. its a 91 chevy blazer with a v6 fuel injected carb engine. I need this fixed as i need it for my work to get back and forth. it is getting sprk just the fuel isnt making it into the cylinders. im guessing its staying in the intake manifold. if i am thinking right. i had it running and then i turned it off and right after i had to start it again and it just would not start. before this it was hesitating like a loss of power when pressing on the gas.

Does the injectors have a good spray pattern when cranking?

Does it have good hot blue snaping spark to more than one or all cylinders.

Does a shot of carb cleaner help start it?

Did you have any check engine lights before it quit?

Any codes?

gvfc2
11-03-2011, 06:57 PM
sorry i have been away from computer for awhile. its gets good spark the injectors work fine starter fluid helps start it. i found out thats it the pump not running. i replaced the fuel pump relay and nothing. i replaced the battery with one from another vehicle then the fuel pump turned on got the car to run then it was backfiring. when to test the timing and then it started to die so turned it off before it could and then tried starting it back up and the fuel pump did not turn on. i know its not the fuel pump as the pump is still good. im wondering if its the wiring. i do have the check engine light on but i dont have a code reader so i dont know what the codes are

MT-2500
11-04-2011, 02:21 AM
sorry i have been away from computer for awhile. its gets good spark the injectors work fine starter fluid helps start it. i found out thats it the pump not running. i replaced the fuel pump relay and nothing. i replaced the battery with one from another vehicle then the fuel pump turned on got the car to run then it was backfiring. when to test the timing and then it started to die so turned it off before it could and then tried starting it back up and the fuel pump did not turn on. i know its not the fuel pump as the pump is still good. im wondering if its the wiring. i do have the check engine light on but i dont have a code reader so i dont know what the codes are

If check engine light is coming on you can jumper pin A and B and read codes from check engine light.
Post back codes.

If carb spray helps start it you have a fuel delivery problem.
Fuel pump runs sometimes does not mean fuel pump good.

Does it have a 2 second fuel pump run/prime up key off and then on?
And then fuel pump run engine cranking and have good spark engine cranking?
If not jumper fuel pump and see if it runs and delivers 9-13 lbs fuel pressure.
If pump does not run jumped check wiring power and ground to pump.

Add your comment to this topic!