88Porsche944
10-29-2011, 11:23 PM
http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/news/salenotice.htm :uhoh:

ales
10-30-2011, 03:50 AM
Oh bloody hell...

RonCla
10-30-2011, 04:28 AM
Thats sad to hear. I'm guessing its the continued strength of the yen that has reduced the amount of overseas mail orders they are receiving making it unviable to continue.

jano11
10-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Very bad news! I bought 70% of the stuff from them.

88Porsche944
10-30-2011, 05:04 PM
I agree, sad news, thought it would be good info to share.

flhansen
10-31-2011, 06:33 AM
Very sad indeed... :-(

Be sure to place some extra orders the coming months! Every little thing counts in getting them to reverse the decision - although it sounds rather like there's no way back.

Flemming

crisjr
10-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Very bad news.. i've been buying things from R10 from a very long time.. too sad.. :(

petesy
11-01-2011, 03:19 AM
I've been ordering less kits from Rainbow Ten in the last few years but their Tamiya replacement part service is excellent.

Looks like we'd be stuck with HLJ's exorbitant charges when they are closed.

88Porsche944
11-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Looks like we'd be stuck with HLJ's exorbitant charges when they are closed.

More than likely, of course this is when they (HJL) get there parts dept back in order.

tpliquid
11-03-2011, 03:34 PM
did hwjapan die too?

hirofkd
11-03-2011, 05:12 PM
did hwjapan die too?
Only its oversea mail order business. Both HW and Rainbow 10 continue their local business in Japan.

88Porsche944
11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Unknown about HJL, what I had heard was, they (HJL) is "restructuring" the parts dept.

petesy
11-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Unknown about HJL, what I had heard was, they (HJL) is "restructuring" the parts dept.
I can't find anything about HLJ restructuring their parts dept on their web site anymore, so I guess they have resumed their operation now.

The problem with HLJ is that it'd take weeks for them to order the parts vs same-day order for Rainbow Ten.

flhansen
11-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Rainbow Ten is literally across the street from the Tamiya factory where HLJ is situated in Tokyo and therefore not able to get parts on a daily basis I guess?

Flemming

Dexter Models
11-04-2011, 07:45 AM
I can't find anything about HLJ restructuring their parts dept on their web site anymore, so I guess they have resumed their operation now.[...]

This service seems still to work : http://www.hlj.com/helpcenter/partssupport.html

eyckles
11-04-2011, 09:50 AM
This service seems still to work : http://www.hlj.com/helpcenter/partssupport.html

It doesn't work yet. I send them a message a couple of weeks ago for some fujimi parts and they responded like this:

Thanks for writing. Several weeks before the March 11 earthquake hit, our parts department was dismantled, and is currently in the process of being reconstructed. This was significantly delayed by the earthquake, and we really can't even hazard a guess as to when our parts department will be running again.
Rather than accept a parts order and keep you waiting, we've come to the realization that it would be best to temporarily stop accepting parts orders, so that you can feel free to seek other sources for the parts you need. (We're sorry, but we don't know of other sources to recommend.)
As soon as our parts department is operational again, redesigned to be better than ever, we will e-mail you to let you know. If you still need parts at that time, you're certainly welcome to place an order for them.
Until then, we ask that you please hold any questions you may have about our parts department or about ordering parts with us. The way our parts orders will be handled could change between what we'd say now and what it may turn out to be.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience to you. Thanks so much for your understanding, and for your business with us.

Lesley

jano11
11-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Rainbow Ten is literally across the street from the Tamiya factory where HLJ is situated in Tokyo and therefore not able to get parts on a daily basis I guess?

Flemming

It's not like Tokyo is on the other side of the moon compared to Shizuoka either.
It's all a question of business model.

The bottom line is that we are going to have no way to get parts for plastic models in about 2 months time.

BVC500
11-04-2011, 12:09 PM
The bottom line is that we are going to have no way to get parts for plastic models in about 2 months time.

Let's all press HLJ to get their parts department back up and running!

Fatbear
11-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Wow thats really a sad news. I came to consider R10 as my most strong model supplier since I went into modelling in 97 and its like a shock to see them go. I'm not even thinking now about the shortage of items, but only on the human side of it.

I guess if HLJ flood of recent sales has something to do with it?

Also, I was curious about their message part mentioning not being able to support replacements of packs not arriving. Is that that common? I live in Brazil and in all these years never had a problem, everything always arrived, and fast.

crisjr
11-08-2011, 07:29 AM
FatBear,

Are you from Brazil?? do i know you? are you Cristiano?

Regards

Cris

Add your comment to this topic!