Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cracked Interior Door Handles

famlycar
10-26-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm back!,,, hello all!

Does anyone have any photos/diagrams of taking the inside door handles off? Our handles seem to be breaking all at the same time on this 15 year old corolla and they seem to be a pain in the ___ to remove. I guess only one screw holds it all together, right?

A carload of thanks for a quick reply.

Brian R.
10-26-2011, 10:30 PM
If you're talking about the window roll down handles, the handle is held in place with a "c" clip. You remove it by pulling a rag between the handle and the door panel, and then pulling the rag side to side. The open part of the clip faces the long side of the handle.

If you're talking about the door latch, I believe it is held by three screws and a couple of actuator links, accessed by removing the door panel.

salesmantony
11-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm back!,,, hello all!

Does anyone have any photos/diagrams of taking the inside door handles off? Our handles seem to be breaking all at the same time on this 15 year old corolla and they seem to be a pain in the ___ to remove. I guess only one screw holds it all together, right?

A carload of thanks for a quick reply.

There are several excellent youtube videos showing how to do this.

famlycar
11-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks to both of you and sorry i didn't get back right away.

I got a good deal on the inside door handles from some advice elswhere on this forum and yes, there are three screws holding the door panel on and yes, I found a youtube video detailing every step in the process which I never knew existed before. But the videos do not show a close up of how this metal rod fits into the door handle but it was really a simple process.

So, after receiving my shipment I removed the door panel and slip my handle on, snap into place, door panel back on, done. The first door took me maybe half an hour as the plastic water protection barrier came undone so I stuck it back on with rubber silicone and the same for the second door. It is possible to just taking the handle off without removing the door panel but this is a bit tricky.

Add your comment to this topic!