Page updated on 11-23-2017

Help in airbrushing....

khairy1974
10-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi all....

I have this little problem.....

I encountered rough surface after airbrushing my merc dtm2000 warsteiner with gloss black from zero paint.

How can I rectify this problem and what should i do? Btw, I am using Tamiya's HG Trigger airbrush....

Tibi Keke
10-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Wet sand the painted arias with a fine sandpaper, 2000 is best. Pressure is probablly to high, pressure down and come closer to the model.
Succes!

MidMazar
10-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Wet sand the painted arias with a fine sandpaper, 2000 is best. Pressure is probablly to high, pressure down and come closer to the model.
Succes!

:iagree:

Also make sure the paint is thinned correctly although this would be your last thing that could be wrong since zero paints are usually thinned properly. But do the following as mentioned by Tibi.

stevenoble
10-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Do all the things already suggested and also strain the paint before you use it. Sometimes you can get some small particles in the paint even though it is new paint, so I always strain it now before use. Also use a tack rag on the surface before you spray to remove any dust particles that may remain after the sanding process.

Add your comment to this topic!