Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What do you guys think of Chrysler now that its Fiat owned?

Maninsuits
10-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I think Chrysler is back on top all there cars look good, and the new charger looks amazing. They also all preform well now, what do you guys think?

knightjp
10-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Chrysler is always considered as the underdog when compared to the other two... You always see it mentioned third in line... Probably because its the 3rd largest in the group.
I think Mercedes benefited from the merger... I've noticed that the new Mercedes engines sounds more muscular after the merger while before they hardly made much of a sound... Even the AMGs...
And I think that Chrysler too benefited from that venture... After all they brought out some pretty cool models..

Now that they're with Fiat... well... Fiat was making Hemis too.. They're called Arese V6s for Alfa Romeo... Good engines... Can you imagine a Ferrari that sounds like a muscle car??? LOL.... What if Fiat gave the new Hemi design to Ferrari to tune and work on boosting the power output... In N/A form after that it could beat the engines from GM or Ford. But I would think that Chrysler would benefit from this as well but its all up to Fiat and how they choose to use the relationship.

Chris V
10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Of course Mercedes benefitted from the merger. When Daimler bought Chrysler, Chrysler was sitting on a cash surplus, which Daimler raped and used for other projects, leaving Chrysler to rot. They also killed all development work on quality new models, and told Chrysler to reduce costs on their interiors by 40%! (Which is why Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep products after about 2004 got redesigned and had much crappier interiors). All Chrysler got out of the deal with some old Mercedes chassis bits for the LH cars, and the underpinnings for the Crossfire.

Fiat let loose the engineers and will allow Chrysler to have much better interiors (and that can be seen in the new 200 and 300s, as well as the new Chargers) and their small car expertise will help Chrysler products on the small end, as well as giving Chrysler a dealership network to sell in Europe (even though they will be sold as Lancias) and giving Fiat some larger cars to sell against Audi, BMW, Citroen, and Mercedes in Europe.

Cliffs: Chrysler got raped by Diamler, then left for dead by Cerberus, before getting an injection of new enthusiasm by Fiat.

Add your comment to this topic!