Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 Accord heater core help

gottadog
10-15-2011, 09:14 PM
I have already pulled the dash and everything I can see to get the assembly the heater core is in out. I can not for the life of me figure out if there are other bolts or nuts to remove to get the damn thing out. Are there any hidden fasteners? Do I have to remove anything else? I have pulled the heater hoses from the core (pita).

Thanks for the help guys. Last time I did this job was on a 95 blazer and it was much easier.

jaybur_racing
10-17-2011, 09:14 AM
I went through this a few weeks ago......so you probably have something like this:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg215/scaled.php?server=215&filename=92accord006.jpg&res=medium

There are only 4 bolts holding the unit in place. well sort of 5 if you count the strap the goes over the seam between the heater core box and the A/C.

There is also a bracket that is in the way on the bottom left corner, it uses the same stud as the heater core box, but you must removed it in order to get the box out. it goes from the firewall stud, to the center area where the left side of where the radio is.

did you make any progress?

Add your comment to this topic!