Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lola Aston-Martin LMP1 Le Mans 2011 by Profil24

Andrea Steven
10-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Hi guys,
I want to present you my new WIP at the same time that I'm doing also the Porsche 997. This model is the Lola Aston Martin used for the 24h of Le Mans this year, managed by Kronos Racing.
The Profil24 built the kit especially for the team, but decided also to sell 10 kits more for the costumers, this mean that it is very rarely !!!
Talking about the kit, I started from the body and the chassis. They have a lot of things to be replaced.

First of all I replaced the parts around the wheels on the chassis, I removed it with a saw and added a plasticard, still to wait the putty and sand.
For the body I fill the holes and made new one for the rivets around the wheel grill and air scope.

After that I started with some parts, the exhaust has been sprayed to become like the original. I think the result is really like.
Then I made the dashboard, made the holes for the switchs, sprayed in satin black and added carbon fiber.

My aim is to make a good interior part because the model will be doors opened !!!!

I will add more pictures as soon as possible

John18d
10-15-2011, 10:12 PM
This kit looks promising Andrea, and with your skills it will be a posting to watch - John

da_ashman
10-16-2011, 06:23 PM
cool project!

Andrea Steven
04-29-2012, 04:02 AM
Hi guys...sorry if I didn't post anything for a long time but I couldn't, due to work!

Then, following the dashboard...I added the switch to the control panel and on the steering wheel, finishing it.

After that, I focused my work on the exterior and expecially to the doors.
I did a long work removing the extra resin, then I sprayed it with two coats of Grey Primer (ZP) - two coats of Silver (ZP) - two coats of Clear Coat 2K (ZP).
I like so much the result also without waxing, but I think that I will do it
After the coats I masked it for spray the interior in matt black, creating the base for the carbon fiber decals.

Talking about the exterior....I did the mirrors and sprayed it in Metallic Gold (ZP), then I added the PE as glass.
For the rest I did the front and rear brake discs, I'm not yet sure about the result and probably I will remove the original rivets for change it with the Hobby Design one.

Hope you'll like it
Don't hesitate to share your feedback !!!!!!!!
Bye

Add your comment to this topic!